A Mormon manages to awaken from mind control with a little help from Jehovah's Witnesses...

by cedars 45 Replies latest jw friends

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Will check this out later. . .

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

This is what did it for me. I was interested in the FLDS, Scientologist and Amish and by reading a number of books about them I realized that I was under mind control too. Very interesting video.

• cedars
    cedars

I'm so impressed with this video that I've written a bog post about it.

Here is the link for those who are interested...

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/a-mormon-examines-his-faith-with-a-little-help-from-jehovahs-witnesses

Cedars

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Tag! Thanks!

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

Cedars,

From your fine article:

“If something is really true, then it should stand up to the closest possible scrutiny.”

That fundamental notion has always bothered me in relation to Watchtower.

The Watchtower organization compels Jehovah’s Witnesses to avoid criticisms leveled at its teachings by ex-members, yet what’s the point of this position regardless of which is true (i.e., either the teaching or the criticism)?

If Watchtower’s teaching is valid then it should stand the test of any criticism regardless of source. Right? If Watchtower’s teaching is invalid then Watchtower should want to know that regardless of the source. Right? But this is not how Watchtower operates.

“…real truth is always worth finding in the end.”

Learning new things can be a frightening experience depending on personal perceptions of future prospects. But it’s better to learn whatever is real as best we can learn it. Otherwise we’re trying to live in a fantasy.

Thanks for continuing your fine work!

Please keep it up!

Marvin Shilmer

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks Marvin!!

Rather hilariously, a Spanish Mormon apologist is now using my blog article to leap to the defence of his church. Maybe I've bitten off more than I can chew!!

*Memo to self: don't take on more than one cult at a time.*

Cedars

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“Maybe I've bitten off more than I can chew!!”

Cedars,

I don't think so.

Your aim is much higher than Watchtower and Mormons. Those are just two pups sucking from the same bitch. Your blog bangs away at the bitch. Right?

Marvin Shilmer

• cedars
    cedars

Marvin

Your blog bangs away at the bitch. Right?

lol, I guess so! But perhaps it would be best not use those exact words as our website's new slogan!

Cedars

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“…perhaps it would be best not use those exact words…”

Cedars,

If I’d known a new slogan was in the running I’d have used far more colorful language, but said essentially the same thing.

Marvin Shilmer

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks Marvin, maybe some day I'll take you up on that offer!

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit