How Could Jesus Be A Perfect Human When...?

by OneStepOut93 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• OneStepOut93
    OneStepOut93

How could Jesus have been a perfect human on earth if he was born from Mary? Doesn't theWatchtower believe since we are all sons and daughters of Adam and Eve, that we are all genetically imperfect? So if Mary also came from Adam and eve like the rest of us but gave birth to Jesus then wouldn't Jesus have been born imperfectlike the rest of us?

ALSO a side question... what did you think of people you saw at the hall who didn't look up their own scriptures in the bible at meetings or used bible tabs?

OH and for the people who went to meeting today, wasnt that picture of that girl with the "bad attitude" annoying? Not because of the girl but the fact that the society made her look "wordly" with her red streak in her hair and black choker necklace? Oh yes, because everyone with a colored streak in their hair must be so horrible/against Jehovah.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I'm with you. The perfect human? No, it would be a demi-god which would have fit in with the greco/roman influences of the time. He has all the failings of Mary's ancestry, the genetics the need to defecate, all that good stuff. He woke up with the same condition many men do and if he is like the men I knew in the middle east who wear a lot of sandals-he had surprisingly nice feet.

• mP
    mP

One:

You must understand in ancient times they didnt know about DNA, they thought the woman was like a pot filled with dirt ready for the fathers seed. In those very words we still have remnants of how the ancients thought. The mother contributed nothing. This is why xians and pagans believed in vrigin mother stories. They literally thought that some God planted his seed and thus the child was special. THis is why xians twisted Isa 7:4(!) which they quote as a prophecy when it really says maiden and not virgin.

• mP
    mP

dbl post.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I've had these discussions and the reasoning ends up as: God can do anything, ....in other words Mary was just the host for it and it had none of her DNA or input at all and God prevented her from rejecting or harming it etc etc.

Confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance work wonders at making shit up as it goes along dont it.

Side note: Girls with chokers, streaks in their hair and tatooes really float my boat thanks.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

The Society's official explanation is Holy Spirit caused the egg to be fertlised and that overcame any imperfection contributed from Mary's egg...Holy Spirit continued to protect the unborn child...

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

It's a good question, OSO93. In fact, some religious thinkers a long time ago decided that the only way that an imperfect woman could have a perfect child was if she herself was born sinless. This is the doctrine of the Immaculate Conception which is so central to Catholic teachings.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

In fact, some religious thinkers a long time ago decided that the only way that an imperfect woman could have a perfect child was if she herself was born sinless

Right! To sinful parents. Go figure. I need Tylenol.

• sir82
    sir82

Your question was raised and resolved by the Catholics well over 1500 years ago.....at least "resolved" if you buy the Catholics' story....

But the Society's take is that you only need one "perfect" parent for the "perfection gene" (or whatever it is) to be passed onto your children.

The Society, somewhere in its older writings, used to explain that that was part of what made Jesus' sacrifice such a "sacrifice". He gave up the right to have a family of perfect human children (which of course would have come from an imperfect woman).

Likewise, I recall reading somewhere that even though Eve sinned, if Adam had remained obedient then al his children would have been perfect - only Eve would have died.

Too bad ol' Freedy Franz is no longer with us - it must have been like a trip to fantasy-land, talking to him!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The WT has always been in a muckin' fuddle over this. For a start, their passing on "sin" via the genes/DNA idea, you know, the old dent in the mold nonsense, must mean that with the science we have now we could eradicate the "sin" by a simple tweak.

No need for Jesus sacrifice, the Scientists can sort that one for us.

As for Jesus being born "perfect, i.e sinless, if the WT had stuck to what Genesis seems to be saying, that Adam sold his perfection, so could not pass it on as an inheritance to his offspring, they would be alright, Biblically, but with this silly genetic thing they have lost the plot, especially with what we know today, the mothers DNA is just as important as the fathers, and regardless of whose "seed" it was then Jesus would inherit that DNA.

As said above, the totally unbiblical doctrine of the Immaculate Conception (of Mary) is the only way over it.

Or, is it ? How did that work ? no egg from her Mom and no sperm from her Dad ? If so, why not just do that for Jesus for christs sake ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit