If You Like See's Candy, which is your favorite one?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 26 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Never heard of them. Here's a Canadian chocolaterie. I see they have two stores in the US.

http://www.bernardcallebaut.com/users/folder.asp

Laura Secord is the patriotic choice, but I think their chocolates taste "soapy".

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Oh, dear. It sounds as if the See's Candy you had was switched up with the other candy because someone did too much nibbling. lol

The things people will do to hide their secrets.... :-)

I am glad you found chocolate that you like. Also....

It means more See's for the rest of us! lol

Just Lois

• Dagney
    Dagney

Bordeaux for me! Scotchmallow. Vanilla cream. (I like creams.)

Is the butterscotch the brown sugar one? Love that too. Sadly I love them all as well.

Had a few pounds of Godiva from a vendor around Xmas. It's not bad, but love Sees more. Oh, butterscotch lollies...since I was a wee one.

Thanks everyone for your replys. When I walked into a See's Candy Store this week, I just stepped over the threshold and a Girl, asked me if I would like to try a Raspberry Cream Dark Chocolate. I said no. I know for a couple of you, that is your favorite, but it is not mine. When I was picking out my assorted choices, I thought of each of you, and who liked what. I wish we all lived a little closer, then we could share. Just Lois
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

Sees works for me just fine, I dont think they are at all comparable to grocery store candy. They use no perservatives, some have corn syrup, but not high fructose corn syrup, the common sweetener used by manufacturers. I like most of them, my favotite is the Chelsea. My husband loves the butterscotch squares.

Hi LisaRose, As I bit into my free sample, full of walnuts, I remarked to the Lady, in all the decades I've been eating See's Candy, I have never gotten a bad nut. I haven't inquired lately, but decades ago, you could go to their main store where they made the chocolates and buy the messed up ones as seconds. You could also buy freshly ground almonds.

I enjoy the black and white tiles and the look of their stores. In the summer, the air conditioning is nice too.

The 1 pound box is $17.50, not bad. That makes up about 21 chocolates.

I have lots of happy memories associated with See's Candy.

Just Lois

• neverscreamagain
    neverscreamagain

Leonidas Belgian chocolates! - anything else is just for kids.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit