Is claiming your baptism null and void an exit plan?

by awakening 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Gopher
    Gopher
    If we are no longer JW, we are worldly, but yet we are treated worse than worldly. Why?

Because it's the standard set by the Watchtower itself.

In July 1992 the Watchtower said: "The obligation to hate lawlessness also applies to all activity by apostates. Our attitude toward apostates should be that of David, who declared: "Do I not hate those who are intensely hating you? (Psalms 139:21)"

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    If this gives you some mental freedom, you can write to bethel and explain what you are doing this. The elders will still announce you as no longer being one of them--

Moshe is correct.

Other than your own personal view that there could be a "victory" against the Borg, there is no real difference from the standpoint of being shunned. Even if you "win," you would be viewed more as being DA'd then DF'd since what you did was willful and not a result of succombing to a weakness or imperfection.

A one sentence note, or phone call, would net the same results ... you are "no longer one of JW's."

Rub a Dub

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I was asked by the inquisition if I feel my baptism should be considered void, and I refused to have it because I knew it's the same as DA'ing, which is the same as being DF'd.

I've been told the 'fade' is the best way to leave. They hold all your friends and maybe even family ransom otherwise. I'm going through it myself.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Julia has it right if you don't want to suffer too much shunning. We are only faded/inactive but still get ignored in various ways, which we don't care about, but our status as far as the JW's are concerned means we can talk to whom we like.

TD is spot on too, if you have acted as a baptized JW since adulthood they say you have ratified it, even a small thing like volunteering for something at a convention does it in their eyes.

So the answer is, as succinctly put by Sulla, as an exit plan , "absurd", as a bit of fun if you want to spar a bit for awhile with Elders and you don't mind being effectively DA'd, then go ahead. But be aware of the consequences.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

I am certainly not a lawyer.....but LEGALLY.......you may be able to get away with it. But what is the point? You'll be the only person in the entire circuit/district/state to ever have done that. JWs will.....out of obligation to remain faithful to "mother" will shun you anyway because......why would you WANT to annul your baptism unless you are forsaking Jehovah!?!?!?!?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit