Jack JWs - is this common?

by new22day 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• new22day
    new22day

I've heard about Jack Mormons. Are there Jack JWs (Folks that partially believe but their lives are pretty worldy) ? What are your thoughts about these peeps?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Yes they live in most large cities and are aged 16 - 25 (yes a hopeless generalisation).

I was going to make a joke about Swansea, but unless you are from Wales you wouldn't get it...

• new22day
    new22day

Yikes - thx for that, Witness My Fury (great freaking name). I'm sadly talking about a mid-aged person, who lives in both worlds. Seems to believe the big doctirnes i.e. Armageddon, but can ignore the simple basic teaching. I dunno - wondering how many just play the game? Are they bad? Or are they practical based on what life dealt them??? No judgie.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I suspect there are quite a few who "talk the talk" at the KH and with fellow JWs because they have famly and friends who are "in", but who, in their "real life", live it like most "worldly" people. It would be referred to as "living a double life".

Doc

• Igot2bme
    Igot2bme

2/3 of the ppl in my KH are Jack JW's. The only ones who seemed really live what they preached were the older ones.

• Rob Crompton
    Rob Crompton

There were quite a few of these way back when I was in it.

And, WMF, I'd get your Swansea joke. Lived there for a few years, learned Welsh.They called me a sort of honorary Swansea Jack. :)

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Are Jack JW's common? Oh Lordy, Lordy child. Yes.

Many JW's may not understand this Mormon word, meaning those of the Brothern that smoke of the leaf or weed or chew disgusting things that need to be spit, or partake of the fermented grape, etc. lol

DesirousofChange said it correctly. They live a double life.

Just Lois

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Yeah. They are a silent majority. Certianly anyone under 30 is more likely to be of this sort that not. Just sayin.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

They are, but they are almost always labelled as 'spiritually weak'. They are at the peripherals of JW society; invited to some JW events, intentionally excluded from others. I know because I was one.

• new22day
    new22day

So other than the hypocrisy, (which, yes is wrong), I'm wondering, for someone's who's a born-in, who has limited options, if there's anything wrong with being a 'Jack'? If you're born in and your family is held hostage, maybe being a 'Jack' is a good survival course?

My friend doesn't shun, never would (he was shunned for years), hangs out with worldly people more than JWs and doesn't believe they're going to die in the big A cuz they aren't JWs. He says Jehovah will decide -- worldly people aren't any worse/better than JWs. Seems like JWs just give him access to his family and a community he wouldn't otherwise have. Go Jack.

(Personally I think the WTS should be exposed for exactly what it is - total garbage.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit