Just Got My Memorial Invite

by Tater-T 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

so hey everyone I knew I couldn't type out the experince I just had at the Door.. the video ain't much better.. but I hope you enjoy

This just happened... at least I didn't feel guilty after this visit..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivu6c3YC7vU

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hi Tater! Loved the video!

So....ya going? JK

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Sounds like you need a stiff drink right about now.

I had two JWs come to my door a short time ago but I wouldn't open the door (I'm a single woman living alone and I watch way too much true-crime TV). All the same, I hollered through the door that I was an apostate and that they should run away. My heart was pounding too.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Oh a personal invite to TATER!!!!Well if you run out of toilet paper ,might be a bit rough,
    but not as rough as the years you followed them.Thanks sweetie for posting ....

I hope they call on me If they do come I will ask them to read to this poor old lady
    Deut 18:20-22,( I acted so sweet first)The I lower the boom & say you have just read about yourselves.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thanks for sharing! It is a huge rush of emotions when JWs ring the bell. So far, I've listened a few times and refused. I think the nerves have settled enough that sometime I'll engage them in more conversation. I've moved to an area where they don't know who I am. I've been thinking about approaching the conversation as having relatives that are JWs and asking about their beliefs. I think that would be the best way to open them up to conversation without setting off their aposta-radars.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

When jws come to my door I don't usually answer it, my hubby does. He's pretty good at politely telling them he's not interested and never takes the mags. I don't answer the door cuz it's been there done that and I'm not interested in the pointless back and forth. That being said I do love it when folks here answer the door and masterfully challenge the jw dweebs at the door.

You guys rock!

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

Oh ya what a RUSH.. thanks for watching everyone.. It's pointless to talk to one at your door if they weren't brainwashed they wouldn't be there..

The sister at the door was my Moms best friend, I'm still friends with her son who was not allowed to get baptised, elders thought he was to materialistic... and he kinda is..LOL but, really who are they to say who can and can't.. WTF..

mouthy I'm going to stickem with Deut 18 20-22 next time ...

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

(I never was a dub).

They called at my house last week, which was a bit of a surprise because I thought I might have been marked down on FS records as 'argumentative' or 'not worth the effort'.

When they call, there are times when I'm in the mood for (and it's convenient) a discussion and I'm happy to invite them in for a cup of tea and spend time with them. (We may never get to know the results of these discussions).

Other times, it's just not convenient or I'm not in the mood - as in 'why should I waste my time and energy when it's as much use as banging my head against a brick wall?'.

But there's another reaction, and I seem to be thinking of this more often - and I've seen it discussed here on JWN. It's something like 'Do I really want to shake their happiness, or at least their settled life, by provoking them to question their religion?'.

My latest dub callers were senior citizens (maybe husband and wife), 'beige' in dress and personality, if you know what I mean. They both had almost innocent smiles. I told them fairly quickly that I knew who they were, that I wasn't interested but commended them for their efforts. I just could not be nasty to them, nor even politely challenge their teachings.

I was surprised (I've not had this response before) when the man said 'Well, thank you for being polite to us', they both gave a nice but weary genuine smile, and I got the impression that they were trudging their weary way through FS. Who am I to challenge them at this stage in their lives? Maybe WTBTS is the only thing they have to hold on to.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T
    'Do I really want to shake their happiness, or at least their settled life, by provoking them to question their religion?'.

I do...

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Edited to remove post about a pm...sorry, I was on the wrong thread.

Anyway, it's so exciting to talk to jws! I hope that poor woman gives some thought to what you said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit