an elder will be at my house in one hour HELP!

by Julia Orwell 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Thanks lois!!

I've been depressed all day, but coming here has made me feel better. They know I've got PTSD, CFS, major depression and major anxiety, so if I get a few days' notice I might just go off my meds and be a shaking, incoherent mess when they arrive. Let my husband see THAT!

• Satanus
    Satanus

You did really well. Just remember what you want out of this, so you can win the war and tailor your choice of battles to fight.

S

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Shrr...shrr..shrrr...Your OK. It's all OK. Your kids are OK, the house isn't on fire. Everything is fine. It might not seem like it now, and I understand that you feel like the Elders are in a huddle, reloading their pistols...but hush...hush, don't cry. Don't let the Elders get to you. You did better than fantastic, on Sunday. You were stupendous. You do have Super Mom capabilty. You have shown it. They want to crush your spirit. You stood your ground. You are overwhelmed, we are overwhelmed with you. What you wrote...was a lot. That was abuse. They were abusing you, right in your own home. They were trying to nail you to the cross lol, for want of a better word. I think it is morning in the UK and I think that is where you are. What do you like to do to relax? Is it possible to do that? Remember to keep hydrated and breathe Girl...breathe. In and out. . that's it, just breathe in and out. Think of some nice things. Just calm. No rushing around. Just calm.

Wow, I'm putting myself to sleep.

It is 1 AM in The North Pacific and I must get my sleep. Nite, nite. I'll have a good rest, and talk to you tomorrow. Nite .

Just Lois

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Julia, of course you were traumatized! This religion is abusive.

BTW, when the upstart elder said, " Why don't you just disassociate yourself? " he was way off the reservation.

Elders are specifically instructed to never encourage anyone to DA. I'm on my work computer and don't have access the the STFOG book here so I can't cite the exact passage, but it's in there.

It's frustratingly ironic that the elders frequently screw up and no one can do anything about it, but if you even express doubts you're in hot water.

BTW, I think it was brilliant of you to say that you won't DA yourself because you love your husband and friends and don't want to be shunned. That's calling it it what it is: emotional manipulation and social coercion. Well done!

I agree with the comments of others. You've made your point with them; they no more or less where you stand. I would refrain from talking to them at all about anything more significant than the weather.

00DAD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit