Watchtower Birthday Logic

by enigma1863 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Emery
    Emery

double-double standards yo.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

The wedding ring comes up a lot, along with the ceromony itself. I remember purching a book called "Extraordinary origins of everyday things" as it featured holidays and customs. After reading it and realizing 'dubs still did a lot of things with Pagan roots, I had to ask. The pesron studying with me told me that the book was in itself, Pagan.

• Kensei01
    Kensei01

What about cats? The same bs logic can be applied to not having cats. I read that some time ago on another website, that Jw's should not own cats, used in Egyptian worship, associated with superstition and the occult...bla...bla...bla. The prohibition against birthdays and blood and all the other crap was Rutherford looking for any kind of publicity he could get.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

There is a detailed article about this at Jehovah's Witness Birthday Celebrations.

• Dogs are mentioned in the Bible 40 times, and in every mention they are described disparagingly. They are said to be lowly and unclean, used as an allegory for sodomites (Deut 23:17,18), and said to be no part of the New System (Rev 22:15). Yet, the Watchtower does not conclude dogs are not for Christians.

• Eye paint is mentioned twice, once in reference to wicked queen Jezebel (2 Kings 9:30) and secondly to apostate Israel (Jer 4:30), yet the Watchtower does not forbid eye makeup.

Why does the Watchtower not hold birthdays to the same standard?

2 Samuel contains the only instance where a siesta is mentioned in the Bible, and results in a beheading.

2 Samuel 4:5-7 "And the sons of Rim′mon the Be?er′oth?ite, Re′chab and Ba′a?nah, proceeded to go and come to the house of Ish-bo′sheth about when the day had heated up, as he was taking his noonday siesta. And here they came into the middle of the house as men fetching wheat, and then struck him in the abdomen; and Re′chab and Ba′a?nah his brother themselves escaped detection. When they went into the house, he was lying upon his couch in his inner bedroom, and then they struck him so that they put him to death, after which they removed his head and took his head and walked on the road to the Ar′a?bah all night long.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit