Temporary Special Pioneer Assignment...?

by goatshapeddemon 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82
    Permanent Special Pioneers and Bethelites also get a PEA account ("Personal Expense Allowance"). Some kind of internal savings that the Borg set's up for unexpected, "bigger expenses".

Wow - had no idea. This is a very educational thread.

How is this funded? By whom? Does the Society actually "give away" money in these accounts?

Can it be used for any purpose, or does the branch have to approve all withdrawals?

A local special pioneer couple are planning to go to one of the big international conventions later this year. Would they be allowed to "raid" their fund to pay for at least part of it?

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

sir82:

This is funded from the regular costs to maintain servants in the different assignments. This is part of the figure you see in the Yearbook in fine print (don't know where the figure is now, have not seen a YB in almost 3 years - yeaaaaahhhh! ) Something in the ballpark of 80 million US$ if I remember.

Are they giving away money? Mhmhm, ....actually yes. They did the setup and created this thing. Originally it was thought that people in Special service arrangements (Special Pioneers, Missionaries, CO's, DO's, Bethelites - all get PEA accounts) should save money to put towards healt coverage for example. Let me put this in Borgs Words: "To sustain yourself in gods service, to cover for unexpected costs that should not be a burden for the MOTHER-OF-ALL-MOTHERS" You are "encouraged" to be thankful and donate part of it to the Borg, giving a good example to the friends, blahblahblahblah....(no one gives a s&%$.....as you are basically flat broke all the time and this money will be sucked out, faster than a drunk slurping tequila). They HIGHLY discourage from withdrawing the money on January 1st (it will be deposited on the last day of the year) and you WILL have to explain why you suddenly need 100% of your account on the first day of the year. This was being done by the "weaker" Bethelites and a big no-no to the more fanatical kind of Borg-follower. Again: in the countries that I have been nobody gave a rats ass, they all found an excuse why they had to deplete the damn account. Some "hollier than thou"-friends would wait for another week or so...

You have to fill out a slip and give a reason for the expenditure. Most will fill in some crap and go ahead and spend the god-damn money or worse: pay off debt and start again accumulating debt by other Bethelites or someone else.

As far as international assemblies goes: you are encouraged to use part of your own money, to lessen the burden, etc. but most will not do it and beg for cash from friends, relatives, etc.

Bethelites and "Special" servants develop very strange mindsets in an world that is not supposed to be around finances (they pretend money doesn't exist) but the reality is that EVERYBODY on the planet needs to face the cold-hard-harsh truth: WE NEED MONEY. PERIOD.

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

Strange mindsets: One example is that people will go take out their PEA account and then, in all secrecy, buy a plush sofa, but in fear that others will find out that you bought it with PEA money and are therefore a monkey for crashing Societies accounts for your own selfish-lustful desires. Everybody does it, everybody knows that sudden purchases in January where founded by: ....................(?) Let me guess? PEA?

But everybody pretends that they don't know, or it is none of their business. You should not use it for "frivole things" of the world, but I saw people use it for vacations, for room decoration, to buy parts for the car or that 32" flat TV that looks perfect in a tiny room of a few square inches, called your Bethel home.

Some might have bought blow with it, don't know, saw so many things that I wouldn't wonder.

• sir82
    sir82

Why do I have the closing lines from James Donald in "The Bridge on the River Kwai" running through my mind as I read this....

"Madness! Madness!"

• goatshapeddemon
    goatshapeddemon

More details (learned from family):

1) the borg doesn't pay for the move, even if it's cross country

2) no health insurance ... Don't know what they're going to do with ObamaCare - pay the fine? Go on Medicaid? Hah.

3) that 130hrs per month? Has to be in *your assigned congregation*. If you visit friends congregation, even if you go in service, that time counts as a vacation day and does NOT count toward the 130hr requirement.

Next thing you know, they'll be telling the TSPs to get on food stamps and Medicaid, all paid for by ... That's right... All of us taxpayers. It's a public service afterall.

Sonzabeeches.

• goatshapeddemon
    goatshapeddemon

Just got an update -

The org said they'll help with housing expenses ......... ONCE THE COUPLE HAS USED UP THEIR SAVINGS!!!

It's a temporary assignment. They're being asked to use up their 13-years-worth of savings WITHOUT ANY GUARANTEE that they'll still have an assignment in a year!

Just incredible. My husband sent word that they needed to put their savings in a trust fund but who knows if they'll listen to the apostates.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The BSCC!? The new cool acronym that the GB are trying to pimp?! Ah, yes..It mades it's debut about a year ago in a really bizzare drama about getting old or something..

The BSCC is a scam. Wannabe JW's can receive their reward in full and be somebody!! How can the GB scam people into paying for the privilige of going where the need is greater? Give them a title of course!! It is almost as good as the extra " secret " 15 minute CO meeting if you spend all your gas money and auxillary pioneer!!

Check this out!! http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/227966/1/You-down-with-B-S-C-C-Yah-you-know-me-sung-to-O-P-P

• suavojr
    suavojr

goatshapeddemon

Are they really going to spend all of their savings????

• goatshapeddemon
    goatshapeddemon

Yes!! That's the crazy thing. We're hoping the experience is so miserable for them that they start to see the light. Maybe that's mean but...

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

goat,

So they went through the revised Gilead school? It sounds like they are headhunters in an urban setting. Am I correct?

zed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit