New May Awake! Am I being unreasonable or does this sound crazy!?

by toweragent 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ambersun
    ambersun

At the end of the day, regardless of whether they are saying to scream or not to scream, I find the whole thing is so degrading towards women.

How dare a bunch of men sitting in their ivory tower decide how a woman should react whilst being brutally raped, using antequated quotations written about people who existed more than two thousand years ago to base their ruling. Also remember that women back then were considered as property, not individuals in their own right, which speaks volumes in itself.

Would these same rules apply to the GB themselves if they were ambushed and raped one dark evening? Whilst they were experiencing the terror of being violated, in extreme agony, would they spend time thinking about the respect they should show to this "fellow human"? Would they scream their lungs out even though they were being pinned down unable to fight or struggle, with a knife held to their throat? Would they think it was better to have their throat cut than allow themselves to be violated and commit the terrible sin of fornication? Then, after all this trauma, be forced to sit in front of a committee of men cross examining them in excruciating detail about their ordeal to establish if they were willing participants in the rape or not?

Hmmmm, I would like to know!

• Bella15
    Bella15

What's the boy name that the Watchtower uses time after time and again ... I suspect Karin is his sister ... LOL

anyway,

Screaming doesn't "work" all the time, she should said that it worked for her this time ... but she goes on to saying that screaming WORKS ... I would think that for every girl that screaming works for, hundreds are not so lucky ...many victims are found dead with signs that they fought their perpetrator ... all that trash that comes from that CORPORATION you bet it comes with ulterior motives ...

Police gives the same advice to women, scream and give other tips BUT if it doesn't work they don't come short to call you a soliciting, deserving whore for not screaming hard enough to scare the perpetrator as the Watchtower does

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Would these same rules apply to the GB themselves if they were ambushed and raped one dark evening?

Mr. Satan, if you are watching, here is an idea. A great way to square it off with Mr. Jah, if he intervenes at all for his beloved earthly sheperds, and see who has a bigger d!*k.......

(I in no way encourage such action, but who am I - a mere mortal - to decide anyway)...

Talking invading them "spiritually", y'all, if there is still any misunderstanding

• LostInTranslation
    LostInTranslation

Archaic, guilt laden ideologies from an Archaic, fear mongering establishment.

*shaking my head*

I saddens me very deeply to think of people we all know and love still trapped in this life, possibly even believing in it's validity and "love".

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

This is sofa king stupid I can't believe it.

So if a JW woman is getting raped, she should scream her lungs out, not because of the horrific and terrifying experience of being brutally violated, but because she has an obligation before Jehovah and the congregation to put up a fight. She should fear that she might get cast out of the congregation and lose her standing before God if she does not put up a fight.

The Society is stepping way over the line to even comment on how being raped could affect someone's relationship with God. Seriously. Imagine if you were a victim of rape and you read this crap. Such a disgusting crime and the Society shies away from condemning the criminals but heaps guilt and fear on innocent victims. They should just say that any form of sexual invasion or coercion is disgraceful and no woman should ever have to go through that.

So if an armed man broke into my house, and I was at home, and he started stealing my possessions, and I didn't put up a fight, I would be equally guilty of armed robbery? Or would the matter just be left in Jehovah's hands? Idiots.

• carla
    carla

marking

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is how hang-ups get started. You don't know what is the truth, and yet you are supposed to teach this? I wonder if the conflict of not knowing where you stand with joke-hova, who supposedly controls whether you live or die, is worse than the damage from the rape itself.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    I remember watching a program where an elder was interviewed in Australia, and he refered to an adult male, having sex with a child as a sexual act.

To the GB it's all the same.

In 'Bible times', having sex with a child was called marriage.

• Splash
    Splash

pixel "This might be compared to what is known in navigational circles as "tacking." By maneuvering the sails the sailors can cause a ship to go from right to left, back and forth, but all the time making progress toward their destination in spite of contrary winds."

That was from WT 12/1/81 p.27, but later they wrote:

"...to run "not uncertainly" means that to every observer it should be very evident where the runner is heading. The Anchor Bible renders it "not on a zigzag course." Wt 8/1/92 p.17

Splash

• toweragent
    toweragent

Slpash, that is priceless!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit