"Anonymous" featured in WT study lesson photo: deeper meaning?

by JimmyPage 17 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Good morning, Rip. You're welcome.

Saw "Anonymous" with his GF's mask!

Later,

CoCo

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Why are there fans of Insane Clown Posse at the protest?!? OK now that the pic is bigger I can make out the guy fawkes mask.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Is there any real "meat" to the rumors that I hear about the Anonymous getting involved with the WTBTS?

I have seen some videos on youtube but it is a video of the guy with the mask and some audio behind it, anyone can create on of those right?

However, I do believe that the images are very well though out and planned.

What does the front edge of the womans pink bag say? "OBA" is all I can make out and how does that sound phonectically?

Could it be taken as OBEY? I'm just saying as I'm sure that it is not an actual stores bag so they had to make something and why not something that would work for them a bit.

Check out this video of Derren Brown to see how he explains it, got to watch to the end to see the explanation as to how it works and how he pulled it off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyQjr1YL0zg

NJY

• haboob48
    haboob48

Wow...........I have NO idea of the relevance of this but the lady on the far left is holding a flyer that has S T O A.........so I googled it! Talk about floored! It is an Non Profit Organization that trains Christian homeschooled youth in speech and debate in order to better communicate a Biblical world view. I just did a brief read on wikipedia about it so anyone can look that up. anyone or the op have any thoughts on this?

hb48

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Looks more like it says STOI to me. The shopping bag looks like it says >BA<. And there's two Anonymous masks in the crowd, not one.

• Mum
    Mum

Some years ago, possibly on another discussion board (I've posted on various boards since 1997), someone posted an illustration from one of the WT publications showing people in a panic state during the great tribulation or Armageddon. One of the people about to fall into a large pit bore a strong resemblance to Kent Steinhaug, a Norwegian ex-JW who had once put up a link to the Norwegian Pagan Society site which had a link to the "Flock" book.

If you do not know anything about Kent, google his name. He is one of the people the WT hates most.

My point is that they are not above getting back at those they hate in this manner.

Regards,

SandraC

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The caption of the photo says: "We are not striving to save Satan’s world. We are promoting God’s new world"

They are basically saying: Occupy and Anonymous are trying to save the wrold. Don't bother trying to save the world because it is doomed anyway.

So, the WTS is saying that Anonymous are "the good guys" in the world.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

There is a sort of arrogance on the part of the WT when it comes to those in the world. To the point of dropping so called Christian principles. You can see that attitude in court. Sort of like they aren't required to do anything the world demands of them. I don't think the masks in the background are mere coincidence. Most GB's feel that Jah is behind them and that even govts can't put them out of existance

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit