"Anonymous" featured in WT study lesson photo: deeper meaning?

by JimmyPage 17 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

If this has already been discussed I apologize. I'm only here sporadically anymore.

In a recent WT study a photo was featured in the magazine that showed a "brother" ignoring the "worldly" people around him, including one who appeared to represent the group "Anonymous".

I have come to learn that nothing can be taken at surface value when it comes to the Borg. For example, it has been brought out that certain illustrations they use have more than one purpose. Like the one that says, "If a friend of yours was accused of child molestation without evidence, how awful would that be? This is similar to the slander being heaped upon Jehovah's name by the world." This is of course no mere illustration but actually an attempt at deflecting the very real accusations of child molestation being brought against the Borg today.

So when we consider that there have recently been reports of "Anonymous" threatening to expose the Watchtower it just made me wonder if there was more to this photograph than first meets the eye.

Your thoughts?

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

I noticed that too and was wondering whether it was a subtle taunt from the WT, or maybe an artist expressing a show of solidarity with Anonymous or others.

• LV101
    LV101

Sure hope Anonymous catches a glimpse of Watchtower's art and how they're portrayed as the bad&ugly.

• Sparlock the Wizard
    Sparlock the Wizard

In which WT is it? I don't remember seeing that illustration...

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

It was in the study article two weeks ago. A photo of a Witness wearing sunglasses ignoring the crowds around him.

• maisha
    maisha

i cannot find it can you give link please

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Hi Maisha! It is in the Dec15, 2012 WT study edition for Feb 11-17, 2013 entitled: "Maintaining Our Position as "Temporary Residents".

On page 20 there is a pic with the caption We are not striving to save Satan's world.

It depicts protestors with signs and behind a man in sunglasses are two people with the Guy Fawkes (Anonymous) masks on.

You can find it on jw.org/en/publications/magazines/

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hi Rip!

CC

jw.org/en/publications/magazines/

edited to add: SERVICE ERROR -- ???

• compound complex
  • rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Good Morning COCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry!

Ok just go to http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines

Well, you are just a show-off, Mister!!! LOL- Thanks CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit