RELIGULOUS...Please watch it.

by Fed-up 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fed-up
    Fed-up

I know it's been commented on before here. If you haven't seen it (i'm sure it's on netflix) please take a look. It's the other side of the coin, presented in a funny way that really makes you think about religion and worship. We do so much because we're told to with out putting much thought into it at all...Brainwashed? more like Braindead...

RELIGULOUS, Bill Maher

Directed by Larry Charles

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

i watched it , one of my best friend is atheist/ agnostic and we had deal i would watch his movie(mentioned in op) and he watched a christian movie of mine"couragous"(best movie ever!) it was funny some parts sadly he grow up catholic and he interviewed the snake poision ppl, i wish he talked to normal believers ,but it was funny.

• Fed-up
    Fed-up

hahaha...we'll it's still got to be a good story, snake handlers are just more interesting!

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

he also had me watch invention of lying !

• NoRegrets
    NoRegrets

Love this movie! I think it makes some great points peppered with some hilarious moments!

NR

• tec
    tec

It was funny because Maher is funny. He was also respectful... even though I thought he was too hard on the guy that owned the store (the one he asked 'why don't you kill yourself if you can't wait to go and be with God'... I'm paraphrasing and it has been a while since I watched the movie). The Christ-myth stuff is false though, and that was the biggest thing to put a damper on his credibility, at least in pertaining to his actual research.

peace,

tammy

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Meanspirited and unfunny.

And I'm an atheist.

• usualusername
    usualusername

I found him disrespectful. It was also edited to make him funny (but thats editing for you)

• Fed-up
    Fed-up

The bottom line to me was it made me think. We are told things and believe them, just because we're told them. I know jw's are one pendulum swing extreme and a documentary like this is the other.

• Heaven
    Heaven

One of these days I will take the time to watch Religulous.

In my youth, the movie that I identified with was "Life of Brian" by Monty Python, where Brian is assumed to be the Messiah by a bunch of people wack jobs. This movie is hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krb2OdQksMc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit