long time lurker (3-4 years) first time poster

by Patient-dude 42 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

Oh hello there Patient-Dude - I won't say "Welcome" because by your account, you've been around here - albeit lurking - for years. We didn't know you were here. And it sounds like the elders in your local congregation don't really know you're there either...at least not the "real" you. You're kind of a "No-man" - but a very patient one, you say. Nice.

Do you expect pats on the back from us or astonishment? I do wonder. I notice by the responses so far you've elicited lots of "Welcomes". Hmmmmmmm. I must admit, that superficially you look good, noble even. But there's a bit of a stink....

To have been a lurker all these years potentially suggests patience of some sort - or does it?

What changed that you now feel the need to come forward and announce that you aim to become an elder? You must know that your announcement - if true - has more chance of "succeeding" if you don't give into the delicious temptation of telling others.

Would you describe yourself as a "genuine" JW or more a manipulative, foot-in-both-camps one? I would probably find myself more closely agreeing with the Watchtower than you about your stated intentions. You're bad news and it'll probably end in tears.

I certainly don't see you as being a genuine JW. Also, Patient-Dude, I do wonder about your youthful (?) hubris: It is astonshingly rare for even a genuine JW male to announce beforehand their intention to become an elder. Are you for real?

If you are for real, how long do you intend to devote to trying to be appointed? Can you quantify the amount in years and have a date by which, if not yet appointed, you'll rethink your double-life? Local bodies of elders can be notoriously fickle, although, JW men married to JW women seem to have a better chance of being appointed elders - especially if their wives have well-appointed dresses and you have well-pressed suits. If you're not currently married, would you form a relationship with a JW woman and marry her to increase the odds of being appointed? Manipulative men have often done more - and worse, although it seems you are still learning.

I'd hope for your sake you set yourself a limit so that if you are not appointed by, say, age 35, you'll more honestly evaluate your situation instead of "patiently" living your life in an organization that you obviously are in at least two-minds and two-acts about.

You'll probably already know you have to be a total "Yes" man to even be considered for elder roles - and then you cannot guarantee you'll be appointed. As I said, bodies of elders can be fickle.

And once appointed how will you go about your business of helping others learn TTATT? After spending who knows how long working hard to be appointed an elder, you'd have to conduct your subterfuge with even greater skill and discretion. You just may be up to it. If correct, you've already shown an ability to silently hang around here for years without us knowing so you just might be able to sleepwalk your way into being appointed an elder...Oh, and if, in your valued role as an elder, you are asked to be on a judicial committee to meet with another JW who at least has the courage to openly express their doubts, will your patience and hubris enable you to sit on such a committee and agree with the committee's decisions to expel your brother or sister who has more courage than you'd ever have patience? I can see you carrying out such a role with astonishing aplomb.

Just wondering...

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Patient-dude - I also want to thank all who contribute on here because it has help me wake at least 2 people up

Welcome Patient-dude, Best of wishes helping other JWs to learn critical thinking skills and helping to awaken them. I hope that you post regularly on JWN so that others can learn from your successes as well as you can vent when living a double-life becomes too much for you.

What do you do to help JWs to learn critical thinking skills? What did you do to successfully wake up two people and how do you know that they are fully awake? What general steps do you follow? Have you read any books to help you awaken other JWs?

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• everchangingworld
    everchangingworld

I was a long-time pioneer and respected by many. I got my husband out (he was an elder and pioneer), and then felt I could surely get my family and close friends out also. Those efforts backfired, and, in retrospect, it was a waste of emotional energy to try to get the friends out. But I hear it's a natural initial reaction to waking up from a mind control group. Hassan speaks about this in Combatting Cult Mind Control. Not telling you what to do - just sharing my experience. My personal opinion would be, "get out, move on". Doesn't mean it's right for you. It was for me.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Welcome to the group. Hope you reconsider and focus on your own life and stop wasting precious time trying to help others "wake up.". As stated more eloquently by previous posters, there is too much time commitments demanded of the brothers. You will regret it, I believe.

Here on JWN, you can help people wake up from the comfort of your own easy chair, dressed in your pjs. It has the same satisfaction for most of us. We all want to help others out of this cult, but to lead a life faking it is a bit much.

• clarity
    clarity

I appreciate your wanting to help this way... and if you

were allready an elder you may be successful for awhile.

>

But what you may find, is that the long struggle you will

go thru .......can crash & burn in two minutes flat!!!

>

Up to you of course & I wish you success!

clarity

• Patient-dude
    Patient-dude

I understand what you guys are saying. Being an elder would be along time... I guess the situation I am in should probably stay as it is until I can effect a proper fade.

The reason I was a long time lurker is I had tried to register but never got the confirmation email. If I had I would have posted long ago.

Good thing I posted... this is the reason I've been wanting to register I can bounce off ideas with you guys. Thanks you guys

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I suppose wanting to help people is great - what I have found in my experience is that more often than not people don't wake up to the truth about the truth, simply put because they don't want too. It's only when they actually start looking at it from their own effort does it make a difference. I see that with my aunt. I spoke to her in all earnest and with ever fibre of my heart 7 years ago and she said I was wrong. In the last year however, she has made the effort to search the faith and has had her eyes opened to them.

It was very emotional and a personal strain trying to get family and friends to see the TATT and in hindsight a waste of time and effort.

If however you have more success - all the best.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Patient -dude

HHHmMMMM , lurking for years ? you are not yet an elder ? and you hope to become one ? And like steve 2 I wonder about your age or maturity. Maybe you are just caught up in your own fantasy world and wannabe a spy , a fifth column agent,or even a 007 ,in the organization,are you going to go d2d to get your hours in ? or are you going to lie to them about that .I`m sorry but this does not ring true with me.

smiddy

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Welcome to JWN.

Bangalore

• Fernando
    Fernando

It takes enormous maturity, insight, patience, humility, modesty, love, spirituality and faith to pull it off.

I pray you are blessed with all of these.

And, a hearty warm welcome Patient-dude!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit