Well done informative video of how the Watchtower Corporation psychologically damages people in its intent to control and exploit

by Finkelstein 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Ethan is sharp as a tack. He is young and yes at times snarky, but I don't believe that it obstructs his message about The JW mindset and the Watch Tower's control over all aspects of it's members lives. He also addresses the money game that the WT plays. I like this kid.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Obviously he is passionate about the watchtower's dastardly ways.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

He makes some good points but a lot of his information is anecdotal and has no evidence to back it up. He uses generalisations about how miserable we all are, which belies the fact that there are many who thrive in this environment and also those who are like birds in that it passes through them undigested like a seed without really affecting them.

While I can relate to the fatigue, psychological pressure and anti-educationalism, it certainly isn't true that all JWs are socially withdrawn in their places of work. Some only loosely follow the Wt. I found his talk informative but found him using some of the arguing techniques of the WT, minus the rhetorical questions of course.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

In the broadest of sense, its obvious that he's come to the accumulating conclusion that the WTS. is an organization of religious charlatanism

as an operating publishing house/Corporation, with a high amount of coercive mental indoctrination and controls placed upon its adherent members.

The only fault that I see is that he goes on about so much information at a such a high speed, most of it is lost/weaken in the translation so to speak.

Thats why I would think as others have pointed out that a written transcript would be usefully to some.

• ambersun
    ambersun

I just want to bump this thread to keep it visible to everyone. Thanks Ethan for all your hard work. I sooo want a transcript to those videos!!!

• lostonrye
    lostonrye

Most of the Jehova's Witnessess I have spoken to were born into the religion

I guess a large proportion of those are able to from an escape plan when they see through all the bull....

When your freinds and parents become your Jailor then its little wonder JW have phycological problems.

What I find puzzeling is that people with no connections to the watch tower and JW can become able to beleive such hogwash.

and become entrapted.

I guess if Cults can convince people to believe that martians are comming in a spaceship next week to save us from the end of the world.

Then i guess the WT nonsense can seem quite a sound and reasonable doctrine.

When I started a bible study with them, just for the discussion i soon realised no real discussion was possible just a question with the readily supplied answe for you to agree with

it must be true its in the watchtower magazine.

Once they started on Noah shutting the doors on his Ark while all the non belivers scrambeled to get on board ( alas too late ) I had heard enought .

I stopped reading the Noddy books at junior school, the internet is their biggest threat. but of course most of them seem to cowed to look see

Jehova's always watching you

• flipper
    flipper

Good thread ! BTTT, thanks for posting ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Scathing.

Dial down the snark and convert it to article form, and I think it would be well-received on Alternet.com or the Huffington Post.

Something I've been meaning to ask anybody who knows:

Why is it often referred to as "Watchtower Corporation" instead of "The Watchtower Corporation"? Because it sounds verbally awkward.

I've seen the former in print many times, but until now, I just assumed it was rushed typing.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Vid,

I use them interchangably, not sure if one is more correct or not. Since the variation occure here I would think either will do unless one is making out a legal document where correct name would be important.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit