John Aquila Brown ?

by eva luna 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• eva luna
    eva luna

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has a PDF of the book,

'The Even Tide' by

John Aquila Brown.

It is out of print it seems. It's from the 1800's. Maybe a needle in a hay stack.

I'm asking this for a very studious, good friend, that is not a member.

I'll bump it every few days.

Fingers crossed...

Thank You

eva

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Here's a link to a related topic. I didn't try the PDF link. It might still work.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/186940/1/john-aquila-brown-pdf

retraction: the link still works

http://www.a2z.org/wtarchive/docs/1823_Even-Tide_Gentile_Times.pdf

• eva luna
    eva luna

Thank You very much Mrs. Jones.

edit to add:

the pdf link still works too....

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

John Aquila Brown is the man who started it all (50 years before Russell started the Bible Students)... Brown came up with a theory on the length of the Gentile Times (360 X 7 = 2,520 years)... Russell then ran with it 50 years later and gave it a starting point of 606 B.C... But the WT has managed to keep this quiet (except for a very brief mention in the Proclaimer's book which they know that no one will actually read)...

• eva luna
    eva luna

Yes, Calebs Airplane.

Thats what my Friend was saying. He'll be happy to get a hold of the PDF.

All interesting history, isnt't it?

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

" Russell then ran with it 50 years later and gave it a starting point of 606 B.C... "

No, it was Nelson Barbour that changed the destruction of Jerusalem from 586 to 606.

The Gentile times was already considered to be from 606 to around 1914 prior to Nelson barbour.

Barbour just moved the destruction of Jerusalem and Russell followed that.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

The link below is an excellent resource for uncovering the real origins of our beliefs. Contrary to what we've been fed through the Proclaimers book and WT history videos, C.T. Russell and his small band of "sincere bible students" did not miraculously find new Biblical truths. It was just a repackaging of ideas and interpretations from many (particularly Adventist) sources...

This website is out of the UK and is admittedly pro-JW. Hundreds of scans of old books and magazines.

http://www.strictlygenteel.co.uk/index.html

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Eva... yes it is... this is what actually started it all...

But Anthony Morris III in the 2010 DVD "Faith In Action" makes this deceiving comment: "The fact that they (The Bible Students) were able to pinpoint that year (1914) is just phenomenal". No mention at all in this DVD about them plagerizing the 360 X 7 thing from John Aquila Brown...

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

This guy started a big mess with his "2,520 year prophecy" bullshit...google "2520 years" and see what comes up. The WTS doesn't even make the first page with their version.

I've mentioned it before, here is an old thread, but the JWs are not alone in playing the biblical numerology card. All kinds of wackos have taken the bait and used it as part of their end time doctrine.

• eva luna
    eva luna

Thanks everyone.

I'm passing on all links to my Friend.

I'm also let him know about this site, and how to find the topics. Also, that he doesnt have to be a memeber to read them.

This is all new to me too.

evie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit