What if you simply IGNORED being disfellowshipped and continued as before?

by Terry 72 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Just thought of something to bring the charade to the next level. I would try to also bring one or two friends along, so that at the end of the meeting, although nobody would talk to you, you could stand in the back with your friends, in view of everybody, socializing and laughing away just like everybody else.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Brilliant thought Terry- Thank you. I have actually toyed with this idea since they announced "I am no longer a JW" a five months ago. Technically they never disfellowshiped me...they never use that term anymore in their announcements right?

What if a JW said to me, "You are DFed!" and then I replied and said,

"That was never announced from the platform. I don't know who told you that they said that but it hurts me deeply."

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

They are a nontax paying church.So I sorta think that they would have trouble kicking you out unless you physically threatened someone.

• Pickler
    Pickler

Finally something interesting happening at a meeting!

If you did this, imagine how many people would be absolutely loving it!

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Terry, your idea is great. I had a co-worker years ago (with a law degree) who got fired at 1:30 pm. He simply went back to his desk and picked up the phone and went back to calling clients. The boss and the office mangager came back to his office to eject him and he held out his hand and said"excuse me..I'm with a client"...they stood outside his office for 30 minutes while the entire office started snickering....the boss didn't know what to do, so he went back to his office and tried the routine 2xs more. The boss was on the phone franticly calling legal...but because of the time zone, they had left for the day.

By 5:30 the entire office was almost on the floor laughing. The fired employee simply packed his briefcase went home and returned at 9 am the next day like nothing had happed. By 8 am legal had told the boss he was a weak idiot and to leave the worker alone.

For the rest of the year the story caused a great amount of laughter at the expense of the boss.

• Glander
    Glander

Terry, have you been talking to Danny Hazzard?

Forgrt it man. It would be a disruptive stunt but that would only reinforce the Elders in the eyes of the congregation.

Have not read all the above but the reason for the DF'ing would also be pertinent. Your proposed strategy above could possibly be useful if you were DF'd for apostasy over a WT brain fart of new light.

• Quendi
    Quendi

What did Jesus say about false teachers in his day? “Let them be. Blind guides are what they are. If, then, a blind man guides a blind man, both will fall into the pit.” There is no useful purpose in what is proposed in this thread other than to gratify one’s ego. It certainly isn’t kind and it isn’t Christian, either.

We talk about wanting to get away from this cult and have nothing more to do with it out of one corner of our mouth; and then out of the other corner discuss how we can make Witnesses acknowledge us through intimidation and humiliation. Seeing how that is the way a judicial committee operates, why would we want to emulate its methods and attitudes? Make no mistake, that is what this is really all about. I would think that having decided that we don’t want to be a Witness any longer, we’d have no reason to ever meet with them again.

On the other hand, if we are seeking reinstatement—and there are legitimate reasons for doing so—then antagonizing the elders and upsetting individual Witnesses will make sure that any and all requests for reinstatement will be denied. Reinstatement is granted only to those who play by Witness rules. We all know what those rules are. We either abide by them or turn away from this organization.

Quendi

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

That's actually a pretty good point Quendi.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    I cannot see how it is ILLEGAL to attend a religious gathering if you do not actively try to molest, harass or impugn others present and offer only smiles, well-wishes and calm demeanor.

A person's presence doesn't have to be illegal for them to say a particular person is unwelcome. Though their meetings are open to the public, this is not the same as a public venue.

It's an amusing concept, but in practice it would be awkward and ultimately unhelpful to either shunners or the shunnee.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

It sounds a bit like George Costanza when he gets fired but then just shows up to his work like nothing happened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit