greatest show on earth

by unstopableravens 273 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

That's your opinion, and you are entitled to it, and yes that is the whole point, JWs can have access to ALL points of view.

And it works! Look! They just got access to YOUR point of view! The system is working as designed with everyone having input and all facts and opinions able to be expressed. Great example, Pterist! Thanks for point it out.

Case in point, Cofty justifies this topic being in "Watchtower Society, Beliefs, Doctrines and Practices " based on ***Creationism is a Watchtower doctrine**** but insists that there should be no comments at all on creationism !!! Get the contradiction ?

Cofty didn't create the topic and put it where it is. I do get the contradiction, specifically the one where Cofty DIDN'T ACTUALLY SAY that there should be no comments on creationism. See, people can see your comments, in error AND see the correction. All points of view can be seen, just as you wanted!

• jgnat
    jgnat

I just read the wiki article on the Amazing Randi. I don't think the skeptics association he set up is anything like the creationist group. The creationist group must subscribe to a set of beliefs.

• Pterist
    Pterist

***Cofty, did not create the topic ****

Who said he did ?

*** Cofty DIDN'T ACTUALLY SAY that there should be no comments on creationism***

Adam and Eve did not start out with the same vessels (bodies) as we have now

It must be nice in your science fiction fantasy world Tammy. Please keep this sort of nonsense off science threads.

Back on topic...

He claimed it was a science thead, justify it in this category as a based WBTS creationism doctrine, and insisted It was off topic in an demeaning manner, true to usual form. . you can't have it both ways !

• jgnat
    jgnat

Pterist, quibble. Can I read more about the book?

• Pterist
    Pterist

**** And it works! Look! They just got access to YOUR point of view! The system is working as designed with everyone having input and all facts and opinions able to be expressed. Great example, Pterist! Thanks for point it out.*****

For how long ?, hang on ...here you go ...

Pterist, quibble. Can I read more about the book?

Looks like anyone who has the bxxx to talk back to Cofty they get axed, and he knows it !

• jgnat
    jgnat

Huh. I've challenged Cofty and he took it like a man. If you like, I'll bring this thread to the attention of the owners and they can decide.

Can I see more about the book, please?

• Pterist
    Pterist

Jgnat *** Can I see more about the book, please?***

Appologies moderator

• James Brown
    James Brown

One example is Mt. St Helens we know it errupted in 1980 and that is the date of the lava, but when sent to be dated at the labratory it comes back dated 2.8 million years old.

Yep. I am well aware of that. The lab the samples were sent it to was specifically and only designed to test the ages of things 2+ million years old. Anything not at least that old and their results would be in error, unless, of course, you have another example you want to cite?

As an analogy, you might as well say weighing things doesn't work because the scale at the gym didn't move when you put a feather on it. You would be wrong in both your choice of tool as well as the analysis

The above is the problem with radiometric dating and carbon dating.

You have to assume that something is 2+ millions of years old for it to work. That is why is it psuedo science.

There are many people and scientist in this world who dont think there is anything on earth over 10,000 years old.

That is a leap of faith that one must make to believe in that form of psuedo science.

It doesnt take any faith to believe in the internet, computers, electricity, technology, etc.

The whole atheistic movement is a pseudo religion wrapped up in faith.

And it doesnt matter how many times you say its not, or how loud you scream it,

millions of people can see that it is.

• James Brown
    James Brown

So if I dont share your psuedo religious beliefs, I cant share your psuedo science.

It doesnt take any faith to practice chemistry, to engineer electricity, to build a computer,

etc.

• jgnat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit