#*&)^%*!!!!!! I'm in the mood to kill.

by LoneWolf 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

((Lonewolf))

((Reckless))

I cannot read such accounts and not be torn in my heart for what both of you are going through or have gone through.

I feel myself go numb at the insensitivity of others, to block severe depression from hearing how others are being treated and I pray that I will never treat anyone in a similar manner again.

j2bf

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Tom:

Would you please post a link to one of the media reports, or just the geographic location, so others can locate such?

Thanks.

• mouthy
    mouthy

My sympathy to you. I believe the trouble is when the Borg captures our mind-It teaches us to be unemotional. No feelings for others
    ( because WE are so selfrightous)I was so saddend to read your post.
    All we can do is pray for their eyes to be opened.
    Hang in there my friend- you will hear alot more suicides- the net is exposing their lies- Because they have been been so indoctrinated- they will feel guilty for looking here..Then guilt being the most distructive force in the world- is when they end it all.

• TR
    TR

Hey Lone Wolf,

Man. Too much of this happening lately. My sympathies.

TR

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

!!!!! $#^%#$% WAY too much of this lately. WTBTS makes life so cheap!!!

• Shimmer
    Shimmer

Lonewolf,

How do you know for sure that he committed suicide and it wasn't an accidental drowning? Especially "if" alcohol was involved. Did the accident happen at night or during the day?

I am so sad to hear that he died.

Shimmer

Maybe being oneself is alway an acquired taste.-----PATRICIA HAMPL

• Scully
    Scully

TR is right when he says:

Too much of this happening lately.

We all know (or should know) that there is a sharp rise in suicides around Christmas holidays because people are out of touch with their families, financial problems, and such.

It would be interesting to find statistics for people who have ties with the Witnesses, to see if there's a correlation between the Memorial and a higher risk for suicide in that group. Just from what we're hearing in anecdotal evidence on the forum, I'd be willing to speculate that there's a very high correlation.

Love, Scully

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

All these suicides and murders among the "TRUE WORSHIPPERS" I wounder if Jim Jones group showed similar signs before they had the big masacre.

Join the Watchtower or you will die.
    Only Jehovah's Witnesses have the TRUTH all other religions EVIL and from the Devil.
    You must beleive the Watchtower or you're going to die a painful death forever, isn't that really GOOD NEWS?
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer

http://www.registerguard.com/news/Wire/N0092OR--DeadlyFall.html

03/28/2002

Lane County man dies in fall

EUGENE, Ore. (AP) - A 39-year-old Lane County man died after falling into a lake, shortly after walking away from a minor car accident.

Jeffrey Strebe, a father of five from Dorena, south of Eugene, refused medical treatment after his car collided with a guardrail along Shoreview Road, at the top of a cliff overlooking the lake.

When firefighters and paramedics tried to approach him, he climbed over the guardrail and went over the cliff, landing in 12 to 15 feet of water, said John Miller, coordinator said.

The area, known as ``Dorena's Drop,'' was only accessible by boat. Search and rescue crews, accompanied by several volunteer divers, recovered his body later in the night.

An autopsy was conducted Thursday, but the results were not made public.

Tests also were being done to determine whether Strebe was under the influence of any intoxicants, the Lane County sheriff's office said.

A former millworker, Strebe worked as a newspaper carrier for The Register-Guard for several years and also did occasional carpentry work.

He and his wife of 22 years, Teresa, have five sons, ages 12 to 20.

``I would bet my life that he did not jump,'' said Strebe's mother, Barbara, who lives next door to her son's family. ``I think he was disoriented and he slipped off the edge of the road.''

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © 2002 The Register-Guard

Maybe being oneself is alway an acquired taste.-----PATRICIA HAMPL

• LoneWolf
    LoneWolf

Thank you, Shimmer, for the news article. That issue was delivered to my door about 4 hours after I posted about this matter.

However, it appears that the online article was a truncated version of the one that came out in print. I don't have a scanner, so I'll type it out. The italics are mine:

CRASH VICTIM DIES AFTER FALL INTO RESERVOIR

Accident: Tests are under way to determine whether the plunge was accidental or intentional.

By Rebecca Nolan
    The Register-Guard

Dorena (That's not on too many maps, but it's about 12 miles east of Cottage Grove) ---

A father of five fell to his death Wednesday night when he plunged 40 feet into Dorena Lake after a minor car accident.

Tests were under way to determine whether Jeffrey Scott Strebe, 39, of Dorena, was under the influence of any type of intoxicant at the time of his death, the Lane County sheriff's office said.

The results will help determine whether Strebe's fall down the so-called "Dorena Drop" was accidental or intentional.

According to the sheriff's office, Strebe lost control of his blue Chevrolet Metro while driving east of Shoreview Road and struck a guard rail along the cliffside.

The collision was low-impact, and Strebe was able to free himself from the car, said John Miller, coordinator of the county's search and rescue team. There were no passengers in the car.

A neighbor who heard the crash called for help shortly before 8 p.m.

Strebe refused medical treatment from firefighters and paramedics, Miller said, and started walking away from the crash scene toward his home on Shoreview Road.

When emergency workers continued to approach him, he climbed over the guard rail and went over the cliff, landing in 12 to 15 feet of water, Miller said.

Statements from emergency personnel who witnessed Strebe's death "indicate that they don't know why he did that," Miller said. "He appeared not to want contact with people."

The area where Strebe fell is accessible only by boat. Search and rescue crews, accompanied by several volunteer divers, recovered his body later Wednesday night.

An autopsy was conducted Thursday, but the results were not made public.

A former millworker, Strebe worked for The Register-Guard as a contract carrier for several years. He also did occasional carpentry work.

He and his wife of 22 years, Teresa, have five sons, ages 12 to 20.

"I would bet my life that he did not jump," said Strebe's mother, Barbara, who lives next door to her son's family. "I think he was disoriented and he slipped off the edge of the road."

Barbara Strebe said her son was afraid of heights and disapproved of the summer swimmers who often dived off Dorena Drop into the reservoir when the water was high.

Over the years, the stunt has left several swimmers with broken backs, Miller said.

--------------------------------------

Now for a few comments of my own.

Yes, the question of whether or not he was under the influence of drugs or alcohol is a legitimate one, although I find it extremely distasteful. To the best of my knowledge, he had no past history of trouble with either one of them. He always appeared to me to be a quiet and caring individual who was doing the best he could to cope with the problems of life.

Plus, it has been my experience that the turning to drugs or alcohol is more of a symptom of deeper problems than anything else. If he was using them, what was driving him to them? There have been threads right here on this forum concerning the prevalence of useage among the JW's and why.

That I know full well if there is some evidence found of drink or drugs, everyone will simply shrug their shoulders and dismiss it, only deepens my anger.

LoneWolf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit