R U DFshipped?

by DFshipped 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• CurlyQT
    CurlyQT

Amicus,

That is awesome that you have opened your eyes to your heart? Perhaps the heart is not so "Treachorous" after all. :) Anyways, just as a side point, I don't know if you have met very many people from other religions but I think you would be surprised at how often we really are alike. My fiance' for instance was born and raised Mormon and has really come through a lot to follow his heart. I think that using my heart and opening up myself to a broader perception has really been a humbling experience. I used to judge people so harshly and it wasn't until I actually experienced life that I saw how much that hurts when it's directed at me. Anyways, I am fortunate... I have been blessed beyond belief in my life... and I guess my biggest goal is to help myself get through the leftover crap... and perhaps help a few others keep going on their paths no matter what it be. ;)

Love,
    G

• keynumber
  • keynumber
  • Apognophos
    Apognophos

Try a different browser, dude.

• keynumber
    keynumber

The 1st stint being disfellowshipped was a tragedy for me emotionally, mentally. Even though it sound like a contradiction, I enveloped my self in the dregs of this world that not even those who don,t believe in God would loath the lifestyle...And at the same time I loved God, his Word and the life of living as a "christian JW". All my life from youth up was raised as a JW...........................................................................................................................Ashamed, I lived the "worldly lifestyle" always in my most inner most self wanting to return. I believed that other than JW's there are no CHRISTIANS, the only way to study God's word was with JW'S because they had the monoply on the BIBLE.

Was reinstated...and to fast forward this, was df't a 3rd time. Having the experience I had, I sure didn't want nor was I going to return to that mire. I literally enveloped my interest and actually studied history, Art, philosophy..I genetically have always enjoyed reading so I opened myself to a world that I most probably would not even think of if I was still in the "organisation". And started a regular reading schedule of reading the Bible every year. And

realized I'm not "practiceing" what I got df'd for...Am still df'd but one day as I was in deep thought about this, seeing a beautiful sunrise realized I am a CRISTIAN A BELIEVER OF THE WORD. SO

SO A WORD OF ASSURANCE TO THOSE..................

FOR THE MOMENT WILL HAVE TO GO,BUT WILL SHARE MY REALIZATION....ON THE NEXT ENTRY.

KEYNUMBER

• bnybyt
    bnybyt

R U DFshipped?

No I M NOT.

According to WT doctrine I should be shunning you since I shouldn't be communicating with a DF'ed person.

Coming to JWN and making your comments sounds a lot like what a troll would do, actually.

• bsmart
    bsmart

You do realize the thread was started 12 years ago, don't you?

• integ
    integ

Would you guys be wishing best wishes to someone jumping off a bridge into an icy river?

There was a book written in 1968 called 'The Truth that Leads to Eternal Life" by the WTBTS.

'In the book it talkes about how the end is 'just around the corner'...'imminent'.

That was over 40 yr's ago.

No. They weren't saying it 'figuratively'. They meant it in REAL TIME. NOT Jah's time, like 1,000 yrs is to a day.

IF this were really God's religion, why would he allow such a popular book to be written which was so wrong in its assessment of when the end would come?

Ask yourself why they change their key doctrines all the time.

Why do they outright lie about their past?

Is that even morally right?

No.

Do some more research before committing to this religion.

You'll be glad you did/

• integ
    integ

If someone, or a group of people think it's somehow demonic when a 5yr old girl blows out the candles on a birthday cake then you really have to look at such a person or persons and question just what kind of people these are.

Do you REALLY think a loving God is frowning in disgust and plotting vengenance when a child opens a birthday present?

THAT is what the witnesses believe and anyone that says different is trying to sugar coat it and being decitful as to what this religion is REALLY about.

Sure. There's some good people in the org. Truly good hearted nice people who put their head in the sand and close their ears when this reality is presented, because as good people they can't dismiss that wrenching of their gut when presented with the reality of what this religion believes.

THAT is what someone believes to be of God? Really?

• keynumber
    keynumber

so continueing from previous....to those that are df'd wanting to return or not.

I don't question those that have no intention and those that have been through tragic unjust experiences that they loath JW's today and never have any intention of returning (reinstatment). Personally the things that have taken place make my stomach sick and don't blame there stand and actions they have taken.

And at the same time I'm not making a defence for the "organisation of JW's" , or for that against it. As many of us know dedicateing yourself to it will have its "costs" And in some cases as I've said before, quoting Mark Twain "Its easier to stay out then to get out".

JW's don't have the monoply on Bible. And they can't define CHRISTIANS as only too themselves.

I'm speaking mostly to df'd or ones that have seperated themselves not only from this organisation but especially the abandoning of the Bible and any belief in God or Christianity..

As a df't individual I for some time have continued building my faith and confidence in Jehovah and JESUS. At a very long period even with my faith building habits, PSYCOLOGICALLY I felt I wasn't a CHRISTIAN.... until after having that realization I mentioned previously, I now am alot more happier, assured now that Jesus coming means everything, it gives me the a real hope that JESUS does forgive.

And if you do sit in front of a re'instatement committee, you'll have a calm peace and whatever decisions they make, you still will be same and walk out of that hall knowing this is onlly a earthly formant yea or nah. and truly in the innermost part of you, YOUR ARE A CHRISTIAN, FOLLOWER OF CHRIST, A SLAVE OF THE MOST HIGH THAT NO HUMAN ENTITY CAN TAKE AWAY...

KEYNUMBER A CHRISTIAN

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit