R U DFshipped?

by DFshipped 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• DFshipped
    DFshipped

I am a DFshipped person who is working towards reinstatement.
    I would like to meet anyone else who also would like to return.
    I really would prefer not to meet people who want to criticize my desire to return. I would like to enjoy and offer encouragemnt to others like me.

• larc
    larc

DF,

Well, DF, if you want to return, why don't you, well...return? I think you know the blueprint for returning. What is standing in your way?

• DFshipped
    DFshipped

Larc
    I'm not sure of your motive for replying here. This a "make new friends " forum. Your reply was less than friendly.
    I am in the process of returning. You may not be aware of this but returning does not happen overnight. And yes sometimes things can
    " stand in the way " these could be personal and not open to discussion here.

It would be nice to hear from anyone else who shares my feelings.
    I've had one email already and that is encouraging.
    I look forward to hearing from you.

• amicus
    amicus

DFshipped
    I think you need to reread larc’s post. I detected nothing unfriendly.
    That’s about the best advice you can get. (from anyone, anywhere) If you want back in, that is.

I do have a question for you though. You obviously accept the teachings of the WTBTS as God’s teachings, so you accept df’ing as scriptural. If an active Witness should shun a df’ed individual, and you want to become an active Witness again, shouldn’t you shun the df’ed also? If you don’t feel the need to shun the df’ed now, when will you start?
    BTW, I’m inactive and I ain’t agoin’ back.

• larc
    larc

DF,

Amicus read me right. I am not trying to be unfriendly. If you have private issues that you can't discuss with us, then we are pretty much at a loss as to what kind of advice to give. I am sure that you have a read a lot of very personal things we felt comfortable sharing, because there is no retribution here for doing so. If you don't feel comfortable discussing certain things, then all I can say is that you have to figure out how to overcome your own obstacles as best you can. I wish you well.

• waiting
    waiting

Hey DF,

I've been a jw for 30 yrs, inactive for about a year. My daughter was df'd about 8 yrs ago, I did not break association with her, personal decision.

I still respect Jehovah, Jesus & the Bible.

May I ask you, being a df'd person, why you are coming here and talking with some of us who are technically still "in" the org., like myself? If you had the WTBTS viewpoint, you wouldn't take the chance of stumbling me - or ones who still attend (which there are some here who do that, btw). You are putting aside the WTBTS viewpoints for your own. You are disobedient to the WTBTS by talking with jw's.

If I may, I think you come here for the same reasons a lot of us do - to find people to talk to, who accept us as we are - people with knowledge of the WTBTS, Jehovah and Jesus.

And you're welcome, you know, just as a person. While you're "out" of the organization for an unspecified time, why not learn and read more of the history of our org? How it treats it's own people?

This is the first time in WTBTS history where it's members could actually talk to each other on a wide spectrum and say to each other "I will ask questions, I will listen to answers, I will read what I want." The reason we can do this is because of the www - no one sees us.

If I were an active jw and knew you - I wouldn't even acknowledge your existence, as I've been taught by the WTBTS. But since we're words to each other, I can accept you as a person - no better or worse than myself.

welcome.

waiting

Edited by - waiting on 1 February 2001 19:13:50

• DFshipped
    DFshipped

Aw man I didnt mean to get under anyones skin. Ive had two lovely email from people who are supportive of my desire an dfeel the same way. Tha is why I posted here. But let me address some of the comments from you guys.
    I appreciate your concern.
    Firstly let me say that when I first came here I asked what the purpose of this DB is. and was told it is a PUBLIC forum in which people can come and air their views.
    Waiting
    I id'd myself as df'd to avoid what you accuse me of. Talking to witnesses. If you are still "technically" part of the organizaion and choose to communicate with me I have no control over that. No where did I invite active witnesses to associate with me.
    Amicus and Larc
    If I misread you I am sorry.
    As I said in another post, and here , I am supportive of the WBTS and of the decision to DF me. I know what I need to do to get back, and I am doing it. I never-theless would enjoy communicating with like minded people. Two of whom I have met on this db.
    So I appreciate there is nothing anyone can do to help me at this point but talking to like minded people is encouraging.
    You see I have been imprisoned at 17 , beaten up by a priest when I was a 13 yr old kid, and enjoyed bundles of privledges in serving as an Elder, convention and asembly speaker and auxilieary pioneer.
    I love the WBTS I love the brotherhood and the truth as expounded by the organization. I love the humility I have seen face to face with "senior" members of the society. I abhor the hypocisy that some individuals display in the name of the truth and how it has hurt genuine truth seekers. I abhor how some have been stumbled by responsible ones entrustd to care for the flock. It hurt me when as an Elder, some fellow Elders disregarded the feelings of widows and orphans and lowly ones.
    I have done much soul searching and much research.
    Believe me you do not sit in a prison cell for 15 months and not question why you are doing it.
    So I respect your decisions, I respect your choices. Please respect mine and let me express them here. This db is hailed as a place to do that.
    And I ask you as you have asked me......reconsider your decisions.
    The actions of hypocrits and other nasties associated with the organization should not take away the joy open to us all. I think of the apostles words to Jesus " Lord where would we go?"
    Take care y'all ( you see Im even talking like a floridian now..y'all)

• amicus
    amicus

DFshipped,
    I Hope things work out for you.

you see Im even talking like a floridian now..y'all

I'm a Californian, I don't think I can do that...ya'll, yal'l, yo'll, you'l...nope it doesn't work for me.

• mommy
    mommy

I too hope all works out for you:)
    I am from NC we say HEY! here:)
    wendy

• Sabrina99
    Sabrina99

Guess what? If you cared at all for this flippin religion you would follow the Borg's rules! I don't believe for one minute you are trying to be reinstated!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit