Should Employers be WARNED about Jehovahs Witnesses

by BlindersOff1 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

Any Gov agency or private company that has private personal info of customers/clients should be aware

Its common knowledge to long time witnesses that JWs will VIOLATE customer privacy laws and rules when they see something a customer does or buys that they think JW congregation elders should know about . Thats right they will spy for the elders.

Like a unmarried JW buys birth control . They will report it.

Does anyone on here know of a situation where privacy was breached maybe in a medical situation .

Should JWs be able to have jobs that allows them access to records that they cannot guarantee they will keep private .

• jgnat
    jgnat

No. A person's religious affiliation should have NOTHING TO DO with whether they are hired or not. Discipline on BEHAVIOR.

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

Good point

• lostinnj83
    lostinnj83

Well religion should not play a role as to whether a person gets a job or doesn't, however JW's involve religion. They choose an organization over the law. so in that case I feel it should be disclosed.

I knew of a person who had access to public records reporting to the elders that someone unmarried was treated for an STD. That is completely unacceptable to me.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Someone who has disclosed personal information should be disciplined up to and including termination. Not every Witness is an uber-witness and is willing to break the law.

• falseprophet
    falseprophet

i was once asked to get a huge amount of data by an elder. It would have been illegal here. The data wasn't about JWs in the congregation but would have contained information helpful to the ministry. I refused and that elder barely spoke to me again.

• Bella15
    Bella15

Well, I think you can tell them they will be party poopers (but they will still eat the food or cake the next day when the celebration is over)

• sir82
    sir82

Deny someone on employment based on what they might do in the future, because of their religious affiliation?

Souds like grounds for a lawsuit to me.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

On the plus side, JW's are trained to only use one towel in the restroom.

Rub a Dub

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

JWs or any person in a confidential employment position should know that leaking confidential information will open them up to major law suits. Just like entering property that has a NO TRESSPASSING sign on it. The WTS will not legally support such a jw.

An employer is likewise legally liable if discriminating employment because of religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit