Since You Were In A Cult Do You Consider Yourself Still Dysfunctional?

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, I said "still".

• NoRegrets
    NoRegrets

Yes I do.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I'm a mess, but not any more of a mess than the average person

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello there Min, To what extreme ?

• Suraj Khan
    Suraj Khan

Even though I left the faith de facto many years ago, relationships and trust for me have been especially difficult for me. Having had my own thoughts and feelings denigrated or held valueless for so long as a child, it is difficult to assert my own feelings or have a healthy self-worth even today. I also fell into the trap of needing to belong to someone after my family shunned me. It took a failed early marriage to cure me of that sentiment.

After starting in field service at five years of age and seeing one hostile reaction after another, I still have problems approaching people. I do not do well among strangers. Being judged crushes me.

So, in short: Absolutely.

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

Yep I rank pretty highly on the disfunctional scale. No friends, no family, living alone. Suicidal thinking. And I left in 1995.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

At least I put the "Funk" in dysfunction.

zed

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

No!..

Beep!..Beep!!..

...................... mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

No, time is a great healer, in fact I feel I have learned great lessons from being duped by delusional con men. Its has made me more aware of my thoughts and how I think.

I think it all depends on the person and what root he takes after he has left the cult.

• flipper
    flipper

Actually I feel I'm a pretty together individual now after being away from the organization for 9 years. I feel the first couple years after I left the JW cult I was a wandering spirit with not a lot of direction and still somewhat in confusion about my belief system or what I wanted out of life in general. And I chalk that confusion up to having been born and raised in a mind control cult until I got out at age 44. Always being tOLD what I believe- but never being allowed to challenge those " beliefs " . Now I know what my purpose is and I accept life and people for who and what they are and have no unfouded fears anymore about a fantasy " Armageddon " or " end times " - because they don't exist. Just a ploy by the WT Society and other religions to keep people from living with free minds. Peace out, mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit