Being an Orphan Hurts No Matter What Age

by WhoLovesMagic 17 Replies latest jw friends

• WhoLovesMagic
    WhoLovesMagic

Thank you for the birthday wishes everyone!! I didn't mean to come across as desperately waiting by the telephone for a call. I forgot to preface this with my parents have always called me on my birthday, just to acknowledge it as a special day, remembering the day their first daughter was born. Of course beings JWs we never celebrated birthdays, but we always acknowledged the day verbally, for each of us in our family. Our relationship has deteriorated this past year to the point we no longer speak, which I find heartbreaking considering the circumstances. Regarding my birthday, I had a wonderful evening surrounded by those who cherish and love me for who I am. I am far happier out than I was ever in!!!

• happy@last
    happy@last

Glad you had a happy birthday. Do you know it's odd, my mum hasn't called me on my last 2 birthdays since I faded, yet she did previously.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

There's a saying WLM, that you can't choose your family, but you can choose your friends.

Maybe that's the way to get a new family that will not be so judgemental. Then you can disfellowship your old family. (grin)

• dinah
    dinah

Happy Birthday!

The best advice I've seen is to celebrate with your friends and make new memories.

I'll be 45 next month..................I LOVE your statement about this one being your 3rd birthday! If we count then from the time we escaped the WT, I'm only in my early 20's.

Woot!!!!

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

WhoLovesMagic, You have so much to celebrate. A birthday, learning TTATT and surviving cancer! You go Girl!

This is for you WLM... and ((((((((((((((Big Hugs))))))))))))))))

Remember, your parents do love you. They have been brain washed and right now act and talk robotic. When they learn TTATT, they are going to feel horrible about the way they treated you.

Just Lois in The North Pacific

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Happy Birthday!

Make your own happiness, no-one else can do it for you. Think of all the things you would like to do and gradually work through your list.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

The Bible says that a man who does not provide for his family is worse than a man without faith. I believe that applies emotionally also. JW's who shun family members who simply fade from their church are worse than persons without faith. They have completely missed the whole point of Christianity. Tell them that. Tell them the more they shun you the more you are convinced it is not a religion based on love.

• LV101
    LV101

yadda --- I like your explanation about "a man without faith." Someone on board once explained that even one's sibling (any blood relative) who neglects/rejects his family member is without faith and it really helped my perspective.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit