Being an Orphan Hurts No Matter What Age

by WhoLovesMagic 17 Replies latest jw friends

• WhoLovesMagic
    WhoLovesMagic

What kind of parents forget the day you were born? Jehovah's Witness(es)!!!

Yes today is my 3rd birthday (only started celebrating 3 years ago). I am actually 48 and it hurts that my parents will not acknowledge me.

I am still waiting by the phone, though deep in my heart, I know the call will not come. I am not DF'd and I haven't DA'd. Born in and started my fade summer 2010, fully out by February 2011. Parents know I am no longer attending meetings and know that I won't ever go back.

Its funny, I am holding off DAing just for them, as they have dedicated their entire lives to the Org - I do not want to crush them. But what does it really matter anyway, I am as good as dead to them.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Sincerely, I suggest you plan a better birthday for next year. Round up some new friends and go to a restaurant. Build some new memories.

If your parents call, they will be welcomed by the answering machine, which I think is appropriate. "You called? So sorry I missed you. I was out celebrating."

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Please take jgnat's advice and plan a much better celebration next year. Don't you think you deserve it? You've missed enough birthday celebrations!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Whether you go out or stay home find ways to celebrate the YOU that you have become in spite of the WTS

PS: Happy Birthday

• Gopher
    Gopher

Happy Birthday from ALL of us at JWN !!!

I have used the word "orphan" to describe the way I've felt since being DF'd in 2000 on dubious charges, and my parents chose to believe the organization over me. Fortunately they're just a speck in my rear-view mirror as I have moved on to people who seem to actually care about me. Life is too short, I can't wait for folks to decide to change their mind and show basic family love or even friendship.

On a side note, if you don't want to DA - you don't need to. No need to go by Watchtower rules and apply for a change of status, unless you really feel like it would help you make a clean break from that man-dominated organization.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Happy Birthday Who!!

• eva luna
    eva luna

I understand WhoLovesMagic.

I dont expect a birthday wish from my parents. It's just not worth the dissapointment. Heck, I was like them at one time, and didn't get my own Kiddos presants.

Since I have left, I do all that with my children. I also send cards to my none JW relatives and people that I have friended in real life and online. I really enjoy sending out cards. I take my time and pick out something that matches their peronality. hopefully.

If I may sugest, like others have. Next year. make your own celibration. Even if it's at your place, (i did that once) or go to a pub and tell them it's your B-Day , you'll get a free pint. Fun is not waiting for a call.

A Big Happy Birthday to you

eva

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Happy Birthday.

My parents don't acknowledge my birthday either. I'll be turning 48 soon and do not except a call or card from them (my mother used to call but she's gone uber dud in her old age). That's cool cuz I have my own family who will and if that wasn't the case I'd do something special just for me.

Be you're own best friend.

• LV101
    LV101

Happy Birthday, WhoLovesMagic. Everyday this week, including today, just celebrate you and the freedom you've earned escaping the cult.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Happy Birthday, WhoLovesMagic!

My dub mother does a strange thing on my birthday. She calls and says she wants to acknowledge my XX number of "trips around the sun." We both know she's saying "Happy Birthday" without actually saying the words. Although it's nice to hear from her, all I can think of is "weird, weird, weird."

Don't let your mom make or break your birthday. Go live a little.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit