Didn't Jesus symbolically give a blood transfusion for all of mankind?

by yadda yadda 2 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

He poured his blood out but it was broken down beyond the four major fractions.

Rub a Dub

• tec
    tec

Actually, this is an awesome topic, and many of the replies given to Yada on his OP have been to help, and have been great. I am not going to argue further as pertains to me and the same/old same/old, because I do not want this topic to get locked, or for such helpful and loving replies and wisdom to be lost.

My apologies to yadda. Great topic; great insight.

Peace and love to you,

tammy

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

YY2 - blood transfusions are an issue in the health decisions of many simply because of the effects of faith. Faith allows anyone with a god complex or desire to preach the drive to say anything they want while simultaneously claiming they aren't responsible for it because it's god's word and they are simply the messenger ( even bible Jesus played this card) . As an atheist I can see why having a spiritual gotcha answer is desirable for a faith motivated ex JW, it allows a supposed tool that threatens a JW canard while being rendered useless against personal faith ,but I see faith as the real issue not simply one batsh!t and dangerous manifestation of it. For me, I will bang this drum not in some desire to do battle with firm believers but to hopefully share a salient truth for those experiencing a faith crisis. Sure we may all one day rejoice in the victory over irrational faith justified avoidance of transfusions but until we consistently destroy the root of this irrationality, faith, then another preacher will spring up and dupe their followers to do something equally tragic.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Given long enough, escapism through magical thinking has a profoundly negative affect on a person’s ability to distinguish between reality and fantasy. Once the ability to distinguish between the two is lost, our ability to navigate the world we function in can become irreparably damaged.

Hard as I try to live and let live and remain neutral, it saddens me to see decent people slowly surrendering their independence and rationality on the altar of magical thinking. I have watched it break up families and ruin lives. Jehovah's Witnesses are only one small group enslaved to magical thinking. The world abounds with magical thinkers and enslaves billions of people.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Thread cleaned up, off topic arguements have been removed - Sorry to the OP that it wasn't caught sooner.

We will not tolerate this thread hijacking anymore

• blondie
    blondie

For old fogies like me, OP = Original Poster.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit