New Light needs batteries

by Roberta804 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

Well I think the Borg crossed the line with many of the R&F. Met a young woman at a class I take come to find out she and her husband are recent ex-JWs. They were both born-ins and they felt the Printing company is taking too many liberties and that many in the KHs are not talking about it... just leaving. It makes sense that they would just leave and not discuess it as everyone is afraid of everyone else.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

yes! I saw an article about customer service... something like 90% of people who recieve what they perceive as bad service don't complain to management

They just leave and don't come back... it's a silent complaint.. it was awhile ago .. can't remeber all the details .. but it rings true

• Ding
    Ding

I hope they get some help.

Otherwise, the leave the WT but never really get the WT out of them.

• Fed-up
    Fed-up

I agree completely.

Was she specific about the liberties being taken? did she tell you of others she knew who had just left?

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

Well, her husband was an elder and they have teenage children. I guess there was a big hoopla about if they were going to hold the hard line on education or not. Apparently the rules were relaxed for the R&F but if an elder entertained ideas of sending his own children to college that was a huge NO No. How can they have a double standard like that? Also the term "mentally diseased" when discribing those that have left is not going down with the koolaid so well. Anyone hear of this double standard for elders?

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

Only at the Minsterial Training School for elders and servants they will openly say that you can't serve as an elder if you promote higher education within your family .Intrestingly they won't say any of that on their website .Double standards

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

raymond,

Do you think this is what happened? They tell the MS and elders in a seperate meeting?

• Fed-up
    Fed-up

Double standards and control like they require reminds me of another group...

Pharisees, they "They bind up heavy loads and put them upon the shoulders of men, but they themselves are not willing to budge them with their finger. All the works they do they do to be viewed by men; for they broaden the [scripture-containing] cases that they wear as safeguards, and enlarge the fringes [of their garments] Matthew chapter 23, verses 4 and 5

Give me a break. The John and Jane Publisher are told to look at the elders as examples. You can't serve as an elder while allowing your child to go to school? Then Faithful John and Jane won't. Even better though is how UBER Faithful John and Jane will take this to the next level, saying, "if higher education is a waste of time and dangerous, and Armageddon is expected in the next 15 mins, Why should Little Johnney have to deal with school at all? He could go in the ministry every day and have Bible studies and Read Awake (equivalent to a college education anyway). Thats education for REAL LIFE, a life in paradise!"

It's getting so stupid. However, 20 years from now, when the kid is a janitor (no offense to janitors) they will say it was "your personal choice not to go to college..."

EYES WIDE SHUT!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Tater T " 90% of people who recieve what they perceive as bad service don't complain to management"

Interesting point. I am one of the 10% that complain, hoping things will get better, hence why I left the org kicking and screaming. But most JWs I know just leave quietly and do not get active on internet forums or meeting other exJWs.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

@ jwfacts .. you made me wanna google it.. I read about this in the 90's here's what I found..

Beware of the “The silent complainer..”

I cannot claim this phrase as my own. I wish I could give proper credit but I have since forgotten who coined the phrase. It always rings in my head. In business and in personal life. The “silent complainer” will knock you upside the head and you won’t know what hit you.

What is a “silent complainer”(SC) you ask? The SC is someone who receives unsatisfactory service or a poor quality product and gives little to no indication. Unhappy with a smile. The great nice customer who accepted the little mistakes you made then one day quit using you. THEY NEVER SAID A WORD!!! There are those that truly are nice customers and understand mistakes happen. There are also those that scream at the littlest thing. And there are those that just leave.

How to identify them. The first step in knowing how to identify the SC is to know your product and what customers expect of your company. Knowing when your product is not perfect is the point when the hairs on the back of your neck should stand up. The customer knows something was not correct. The classic SC response is “ Don’t worry about that.. its ok.. thanks for trying” if they say anything at all. The truth is that if you are dealing with a SC it is not OK!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit