Did you ever do something so stupid you could have died?

by NewYork44M 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

There is comfort in knowing that many smart people do occasional stupid things.

The really stupid things we will never hear about, for obvious reasons.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Rode a Kawasaki Ninja 155 mph. Exhilarating and stupid of me...but awesome.

• perfect1
    perfect1

I am very, very cautious, so no.

But cool thread.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Some years ago, I was driving very fast and there was another driver that also were driving very fast, The other driver did not stop at the 2 way stop sign at all, we just missed each other VERY barely at the intersection. If we did hit each other, both of us would be very dead!

• talesin
    talesin

Driving home from a long weekend with a friend/coworker, on the highway, passing a joint back and forth with a couple of cute guys in another car, driving about 100 km / hour.

Okay, I was 20 and stoopid.

Nice to see you, Ballistic! :)

xo

tal

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Several times, the most memorable was of course the last one.. I had just visited my son at his caravan park and drove off to come home. The narrow bitumen road crosses one of the busiest roads in the area, nothing but a stop sign. i knew this road well, had used it for years every day, drove up and doen the smaller road many times...

and you might guess what happens next...

Yes, at dusk, daydreaming after seeing the lad, doing about 80kph i went straight accross that main road and never felt even a bump from one road surface to the next. What i do remember was the flash of red tail lights wizzing by in my rear veiw mirror.

It then dawned on me what i had just done. I had crossed the main south road, in peak hour going home traffic that does 110kph and gone inbetween all the vehicles like in some super corregraphed hollywood movie. It did a U turn and was almost physically sick, almost vomited at the what could have been.

I crawled up to the intersection and watched the semi trailers, cars and motorbikes fly by, i had to waith several minutes for a gap long enough to pull out into. That was the closest i think i have ever been i must say. And it chilled me to the bone to think of all the families that would have lost loved ones had i even clipped so much as one vehicle in my stupidity.

Oz

• label licker
    label licker

We were horseback riding far into the Mexican mountains in blazeing hot humid weather. I was thirsty and so we stopped at a little rustic hut and bought a coco loco beverage. It was a coconut filled with rum or vodka. I drank the whole thing. Was a little tipsy so hubby cupped his hands and I put my foot in and he lifted me up over the horse. Literally, I went over my horse, missed the saddle and onto the ground flat on my nose. Thank god the alchohol numbed the pain somewhat. I thought I was dead. Both the horse and hubby stood there just stareing along with the rest of the locals that were there.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Probably the scariest moment of my life was being swept out to sea in my kayak. I had gone down to the beach to have some fun in the surf, but I didn’t have a skirt to keep the kayak waterproof, so it filled up with water and became unstable so I fell out and was caught in a powerful rip that carried me hundreds of metres out from shore into some really big waves. I panicked and shouted for help and a surfer paddled over to me and told me to hang onto my half-sunk kayak and I would be washed back into shore, which is what happened, and I ended up on a sandbar in shallow water. But there were a few minutes there when I really thought I was a goner…

This happened when I was really young, maybe 20- and later a lot of things happened with alcohol & motor vehicles, but I didn't care so much by then...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Agreeing to give the joke-hovian witlesses a fair chance. This was not only dangerous in that I could get hurt while serving joke-hova, but I risked damnation upon reincarnation. Worse than simply dying, this means getting reincarnated into the most devout family of jokehovian witlesses on the planet, being forced to get baptized at age 6, and never having the resources to escape because of being cut off from the outside world. And having to repeat this infinitely until my soul dissipates, never knowing anything else.

By comparison, freezing to death is easy.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Wiz

The wt corp won't las as long as your soul will. In fact, you just gave me the idea of the possibility that we, our souls could keep coming back here until religion dissappears. Hmm. Wonder, if that's our job.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit