Did you ever do something so stupid you could have died?

by NewYork44M 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• on the rocks
    on the rocks

I have drowned 3 times....once while learning how to swim...2nd time during a college outing I was drunk like a fish...my friends saved me.

10 years back we were crossing a river holding ropes(this was a team offsite) and suddenly the dam waters were released and withing 5 mins the flow was so strong I couldnt get my legs on the river bed...those 2 mins were the longest 2 mins of my life holding on to the rope...trying to keep my legs straight till the trainers came and rescued me.

• Think About It
    Think About It

After a prior run-in, I once picked a fight with a street gang that I did not like. After my 2 buddies abandoned me, I fought and beat their leader & lieutenant in succession, before the 10 others rushed me and took me down. They beat me pretty bad, including with things other than their fists, and also kept slamming my head into a sign pole. After that, they chased me several times when they seen me on the street. The last time, 6 of them chased me and cornered me into a fenced lot. I was scared shitless, but I backed into the corner, squared off, and told them I would kill the first MF'er that came at me. Their leader & lieutenant wasn't among them, but I could tell from the scared looks in their eyes that they were thinking how bad I beat those guys up. Next thing you know, one of them speaks up with his voice quivering and says, "guys, why don't we just leave him alone?" After a few curse words and compliments to our mothers were exchanged, we parted ways and I had enough respect from their gang that they never bothered me again.

• Glander
    Glander

I left the protection of Jay Edgar Hova's organization even though Armageddon was due any moment.

That was 30 years ago. Whew, dodged that bullet!

• SophieG
    SophieG

Jay-walked and actually got hit by a car.

I survived. It changed my life...it brought me here!

• JWOP
    JWOP

My stupidest thing: At 20 years old I had been DF'd for smoking and was hanging with the wrong crowd. We all took a bunch of LSD, got into a car on a rainy night, and hit the highway at top speeds. During the drive my boyfriend at the time was hallucinating and trying to jump out of the car, the DRIVER was having a war between God and the devil, and his girlfriend was laughing her fool head off.

It's a wonder any of us made it home alive that night.

LSD = BAD!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit