take a year out.

by bigmac 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I stumbled upon this site whilst still attending meetings, and it felt more likr opening a box of goodies ! full of wonderful treasure I soon found out.

I soon learned too that it was necessary to guage the truth of some comments, and even the mental stability of some posters, I knew straight away that you wee a loony Bigmac !

I still like the idea in your O.P, if only we could persuade some JW's to try it ! how many do you think would go back after the year, and even if some did, would they ever be the same as before ?

• bigmac
    bigmac

I knew straight away that you wee a loony Bigmac !

well--i was brought up in the troof---what did you expect?

whats your excuse? lol

• rebel8
    rebel8

I took a short time out and went back, I think it was a few weeks of not attending meetings or fs.

I tried to tell myself I'd made a mistake and needed to try harder. After a few more weeks I realized I was right the first time, and said I will never return. I haven't.

The only reason I went back was the tremendous pressure. I was being financially and physically abused. I had no reasonable means of escape, so I thought maybe that was the Almighty's work.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Good thread Big Mac

This is a discussion board. Most threads bring somethin' to the table

Even when folks don't agree . And many have the potential to bring out valid points

This thread reminds me of how the Elders would address

the youth in the cong who might contemplate on higher education

They would encourage them to take time out from personal pursuits

like higher educations to do more for the WTS

And yet, a Jehovah's Witness is not allowed to take time to step back

to evaluate their investment in that religion

They would be marked as " weak in the faith " because

they're not showin' endurance til the end. Which is almost 40 years past due

and more than that startin' wit' the first prediction

The WTS can't risk allowin' folks time to reflect. Keep the sheep

busy so they won't have time to think.

Personal Story

One of the things that prompted me to step back is they tried to

make me feel as if I was disappointin' Jehovah for makin' the decision

that my child would attend college and live on campus ( The devils play ground )

When I stopped completely, they hounded me. Would not let me rest

told me that the longer I stayed away the weaker I would become in the " faith "

They were right, because the longer I stayed away the stronger I got

wit' the real truth about the " Troof "

I found Freeminds, And it took only one click from Randy's Net Soup

and I found this place JWN. I also found fortification from JWFACTS

It's amazin' to talk to a brother or a sister who been in the "Troof"

for years , and don't know the "REAL" history of what they claim to stand firm in

I showed a sister out of their own literature Beth Sarim ( Proclaimers book page 76 grey box on right )

She was an elders wife. She was genuinely shocked, she asked to see the book

so she could read it for herself. The other sister said out loud " You ain't supposed to have that book "

She shoulda told that to the sister I studied wit'

cuz that book was now mine . And if she even tried to take it

Trust , it woulda been a shuffle up in this house. wit' no music

They used to hunt for me. But the script has been flipped

thanks to this site, The hunters have now become the hunted

And I do enjoy the sport

• Think About It
    Think About It
    It could be that the gossip hurts too much, and they feel they have to keep going to moniter what people are saying about them.

This is so true. Gossip in a KH is a tool used to keep JW's in check, and to establish the pecking order. Untrue gossip was probably THE FACTOR that made me finally make the decision to leave this bat-ship crazy religion, and never ever go back.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

You could be like that guy in Douglas Adam's The Restaurant at the End of the Universe who was spending a year dead for tax purposes.

I had a manager like that once.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit