take a year out.

by bigmac 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• bigmac
    bigmac

i was just reading another thread about elderly dubs looking back on their wasted lives--and the thought occurred--

they had a choice!

so--for any active jw's reading this----perhaps having the odd doubt or two:-

TAKE A YEAR OUT. simple as that. dont resign from your congregation---just take a years vacation from your religion. no meetings--no door knocking--no reading magazines--no association----just a complete break.

then--see how you feel about it all at the end of the year.

you have a choice too!

( it would be interesting to watch how the elders deal with you )

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Well there is always a choice. But the reality is that only those with courage step up and say "something stinks here" and I am going to check it out.

Taking a year away from the religion is way to scary for the average JW... After all, where else will they go?

Most simply have been programmed by the material. Go to meeting. Go in service. Go to assembly.

Its sad, but if they really, really want it, they will free themselves.

Most dont want it.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Great idea, but you could never get them to do it, they would be so afraid the BIG A will come while they are "resting" and then their God, Big J,

would kill them , no matter if they had spent decades serving him before the Sabbatical.

I am sure that some start their fade that way, saying we are having "time out" for whatever reason, and good luck to anyone doing so, but you still have that "Shepherding call" to come.

Some sisters take a lot of time out and get away with it mainly, and they only go back now and again to catch up with the gossip, so they only have to slowly extend the periods of absence and Bingo ! they can go and play Bingo.

I would love for someone to do as you say, and to keep us posted as to progress, the Elders cannot do much, no good threatening that you will "lose your privileges" if you had any, you have given them up for a year anyway.

• designs
    designs

Sabbaticals are honored in many professions.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Exactly what Phizzy said.

Unless they actually prove to themselves that the religon is wrong, they will not be able to relax one bit during their vacation. They will be consumed in guilt and fear that the WT god will destroy them along with 99.9% of wicked mankind.

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

It could be that the gossip hurts too much, and they feel they have to keep going to moniter what people are saying about them. When our daughter was in hospital, we missed loads of meetings. We came back to lorry loads of gossip. Most people you talked to had some rubbish to throw into the mix. It made you feel like you should have been there to keep a lid on it all. "its easier to go than not go"

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

you would have a hard enough time convincing them to do that even without the satan face.....i can just picture some dub reading this thread like OMG I KNEW I SHOULDN'T OF CLICKED THIS and then freaks out and runs to bed and hides under the sheet.

• Pickler
    Pickler

What a fantasy this is, I used to daydream elaborate scenarios....where everyone thought I was somewhere else & I just snuck away from the daily grind of the dub routine.

if you can, do it!

I am planning a sabbatical from my own life at some point this decade, and im 40!

• bigmac
    bigmac

you would have a hard enough time convincing them to do that even without the satan face.....i can just picture some dub reading this thread like OMG I KNEW I SHOULDN'T OF CLICKED THIS and then freaks out and runs to bed and hides under the sheet.

• bigmac
    bigmac

you would have a hard enough time convincing them to do that even without the satan face.....i can just picture some dub reading this thread like O MG I KNEW I SHOULDN'T OF CLICKED THIS and then freaks out and runs to bed and hides under the sheet.

yeah right--like there are an awful lot of threads far worse than this that would do that too.

i avoided this site like the plague when i first stumbled upon it--thinking it was an official watchtower sales opportunity site. i wonder how many faithfull jw's do likewise---only to discover the sites true purpose---by which time it must be like opening pandora's box.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit