Once again, WTS reminds you that you are a *bleeping* idiot

by LostGeneration 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• rebel8
    rebel8

Avoid eating or drinking during the program. (Eccl. 3:1)

Numbnuts. They just any scripture in parenthesis that has a minimal tangential relationship to the topic when they're trying to make the flock accept an overly controlling directive.

Honestly, did the writer of Ecclesiastes actually mean to instruct people not to sip a water during a full-day convention? Rly?

Obviously it's rude to sit there and distract others. I mean, you shouldn't bust out a bib and eat a plate full of BBQ ribs or something. But jeez, NO food or even drink? Even for little kids or elderly people? jeez, maybe that rule will wake people up--it's so bad.

When I was in pioneer school (pause for gag reflex), the CO came and said jehoopla is more loving than any employer. Therefore he means for you to take breaks "on the clock" unlike wordly bosses who are slavedrivers, and he means for you to "take care of yourself and be comfortable", so go get that hot cocoa while counting your time.

Right now I am having an urge to do 2 things I don't believe in--eat meat and attend a jw convention. This is what I'm planning to do. Plus popcorn. Washed down with a can of soda I don't buy from them, waiting for the best moment to pop the top.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

The keep your eyes forward on the speaker reminds me of those old movies when someone tries to hypnotize another person and they say "look into my eyes"...........LOL its a purely brainwashing tactic.

• designs
    designs

rebel8- I sat behind a sister at a District Convention who went through a whole bag of candy during the day-long program, a Big Bag of candy. I guess the sugar rush was the missing high she needed.

• blondie
    blondie

designs, so did you have to hear the rattling of paper and the sucking noises?

• designs
    designs

lol, it was more entertaining than the program.

• blondie
    blondie

I remember the WTS making announcements to go to our seats the program was about to begin.

1) announcement

2) music playing

3) another announcement

Sitting in my seat I would look out at the convention and the big offenders standing there still gabbing, elders and their wives..........right in front of the platform. Only when the brother came out to announce the song did they scramble for their seats.

jws are a very "disobedient" group. The bible says that he who is faithful in what is least, will be faithful in what is much. I learned a lot about jws that disregarded consideration in small things.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They can't do anything if I don't go at all.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'm with rebel8 on this. Ecclesiastes 3:1 (for everything there is a season)? Really? I am sure this is NOT what the original author had in mind.

I pack our bag full of snacks. I'm a diabetic and when I have to eat, I eat.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I'm going to disagree with that CO rebel. Every place I've worked they let us take 10 or 15 minute breaks a couple times during our shift, all while being clocked in.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

"And in case you did not notice, your still under our control while out in the corridors as you will notice the attendants with signs reminding you who is in charge as they tell to "please keep moving" and " quiet please"

NJY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit