Your day(s) off: rest and relaxation or catching up?

by compound complex 14 Replies latest jw friends

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Dazed But Not Confused>>>>>Now, with a new lease on life, knowing that the end is not near/coming, my life is focused on providing a better life for myself and my family.

I am so happy for you Dazed. You and your family are another success story. Working hard, getting paid, helping your loved ones enjoy this life, now.

Co Co>>>>>For my daughter and I, we have needed to recuperate from the years of trauma we have endured. Now, without having the Watch Tower Society, life is comparably stress free.

Just Lois

• compound complex
    compound complex

Aussie Oz

Eva

Hortensia

Zed

Dazed

Lois

How nice to find your comments here!

It's nearly 8 o'clock at night in California, and I still have 8 more dogs to tuck in before I hit the sack around 11 o'clock. Taking a small break before I hit the road again.

Your ranting's okay, Aussie -- I understand. You and Dazed, self-employed like me, are at the mercy of contract/assignment completion. You two put in much longer hours than I. Hang in there.

Hortensia: Hope you find a relief from the boredom. It can be excruciating. I wish I could retire and have money to travel, but I'm grateful to have what I have. Let your dusting go -- it's all right!!!

Thanks, Zed, your comments on Eva's cooking, and thanks, Eva, for sharing the flavors and aroma!

Wishing you and your daughter well, Lois, and a complete recovery!

Love,

CoCo

• LV101
    LV101

Hey, Coco --- just typed out something, hit a key and it vanished.

Anyway, you're in California and that can't be too tough. Now I have a gourmet kitchen but just need someone to cook.

Hope you get some rest -- 8 dogs? Now that could be challenging.

LV

• tec
    tec

When I was working, my day (rarely did I have two days) off was usually for catching up with housework. I was tired all the time. I have been off work for almost two months now (the Christmas season was in there so I'm not counting a couple weeks, and I've been sick a few weeks too); but I find that I am being lazy and comfortable on the weekends with the rest of the family now. I'm loving that. I've also been really tired though; and I'm hoping that will pass. Maybe the 'tired' of the last year is just catching up with me now?

(or maybe i'm just getting into a lazy rut, lol)

Peace,

tammy

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hey CoCo, hope you're enjoying your house sitting. While I've enjoyed returning to Uni at my ripe old age, I'm finding myself getting very tired now in my Post Grad teaching studies! Days off are about catching up with chores around the house and resting (I hear you Tammy lol) and getting the energy back to carry on the next week. I wish too that we had the funds to retire and do some real travelling but we don't, so it's onwards and upwards. I do have a short holiday in Malta booked at Easter though, so we're looking forward to that.

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit