The huge impact the JWs have out in their door knocking --- May 15, 2013

by RayPublisher 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    Since I am fading.. .. I went out Saturday

Man I feel sorry for you, I realize your circumstances are different to mine. I am fading to, except my fade is more of a complete stop, I always found d2d work painful, and now that I know it is irrelevant, I enjoy my weekends doing other things.

The sad thing is for the kid in that caption, he will have this feeling deep inside that his parents love is conditional on his continuing to peddle the magazines. . . . . for the rest of his life. They love him SO LONG AS. . . . it's sad, but this is how it is for many JW children.

• nugget
    nugget

I wonder how long it will be before witnesses walk the streets with placards again and don't bother to talk to anyone.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

I know when they do the tract work for Memorial and Conventions some publishers had said to me, "Oh this is so easy all we have to do is leave it in the door and move on to the next one!"

Very very few JWs actually enjoy the door knocking. They do it out of compulsion and perceived necessity, showing they have only a "form of Godly devotion". (2 Tim 3:5, NWT)

• Heaven
    Heaven

The huge impact?! Say what?!

7 million versus 7 billion ain't huge in my book.

For some reason, they are quite absent in my neighbourhood. Guess they don't want to interact with someone who has family in.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@ Heaven - "The huge impact the JWs have out in their door knocking" is a tongue in cheek title. The May 15 issue illustrates it as such, but we know better don't we... ;-)

• Heaven
    Heaven

"The huge impact the JWs have out in their door knocking" is a tongue in cheek title.

Definitely tongue in cheek, Ray.

But JWs are delusional enough to think this is actually true. Being of God's Chosen, they are all important. But the math doesn't add up. Never has. Never will.

• moshe
    moshe

JWs are wimps. They would rather do the drop and dash at the door with their literature instead of taking a chance on being confronted by a knowledgeable householder who ruin their day with a simple question--

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit