The huge impact the JWs have out in their door knocking --- May 15, 2013

by RayPublisher 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

The May 15, 2013 Washtowel has a cute little piece of artwork about what an impact they make out in serve-us. I thought some captions might help make it clearer!

The-huge-impact-the-JWs-have-out-in-door-knocking

• besty
    besty

everybody in that montage has a JW 'look' about them - can't hide it....

• compound complex
    compound complex

When depressed, not wanting to preach, I'd sometimes go in service regardless -- only walking the streets -- knowing those very people above saw me and knew I was a JW. I witnessed without speaking a word!

So there!

CC

Did the guy (really a JW) taking out the trash have to get an official dispensation to sport a day's worth of stubble?

• vajeni82
    vajeni82

So, basically they are saying: "We know door knocking is an antiquated and ineffective way to spread our message, but keep doing it." If anything, I think the thought of having to go do the door-to-door keeps otherwise interested people away. I think they just need a way to keep people busy so they don't start thinkinig for themselves.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

If the D2D work is so important, why haven't any JWs knocked on my door for a couple of years? D2D work keeps JWs busy so that they don't do more important activities like research the WTBTS, work earning more money, or just having fun with unconditional friends.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Rob Crompton
    Rob Crompton

"Your very presence in the ministry gives a powerful witness to observers."

A powerful witness? Really? Whenever I have seen them in the door to door work in recent years they have all be moving so incredibly slowly that the immediate impression any observer will form is that these folk really do not want to be dong this. Add to this that they will often (around here, at least) wait for ages on your doorstep before ringing the bell - or even walk away without having rung or knocked. A very powerful witness indeed!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

It's that poor little girl I feel sorry for, looking up to her parents with trusting eyes. She will have to sit in a classroom on her own while the other children have a Christmas party. She will have to sit outside assembly every morning and miss the announcements about things she needs to know at school. She wont get easter eggs or birthday presents and she will be told halloween is evil. She will be discouraged from getting further education and will probably pioneer until she drops from ill-health at which point she will get clinical depression from the guilt. To salve her conscience she will get married and have babies so people will give her some respect. Those children will have to sit in a classroom on their own at Christmas...........

• marriedtoajw
    marriedtoajw

Are those real photos with the subtitles in a real article???

• Emery
    Emery

"Oh hi there neighbor, you throw this away."

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Impact?..

It will be More Like..

............................ mutley-ani1.gif... OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit