May 15 2013 WT: "REAL elders skip meals and lose sleep!"

by cedars 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

Cedars- This was a statement made by David Splane at the last SDA I ever attended and he used himself as the example of someone who is so busy in the Lord's work he misses meal. Total guilt trip and the reason I vowed to leave, the guy was genuinely off his rocker.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

"If we (the Governing Body and those who write this garbage) compare you to Paul, if we say that we know you can't afford much in life, if we mention you in a positive light, will you stop quitting on us?"

"Will you pioneers and missionaries shut up about your hardships if we praise you? Will you do a better job of recruiting?"

"Will you elders hang in there if we mention you in a paragraph about self-sacrificing? Will the old ones actually come to the Kingdom Hall instead of saying they are tired if we honor them for a moment?"

"Okay, can we get back to our ivory tower and our couple of hours a week of work? Can we feel safe that we have appeased you all enough to go back to you kissing OUR ASSES again?"

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Real elders often have to give up a lot to be an elder. Yes my FIL had a big heart and cared for the flock but he could be hard on his wife who wasn't use to this kind of treatment as they didn't marry until their own families were grown. She was in her 40's when they married. I also know how HARD some of the dcisions they have to make so they don't stumble others. Example: his grandaughter was getting married to an unbeliver and he had to refuse to attend. Grandma made sure she attended the wedding. I was proud she stood up to him. But when I saw his face when he dropped grandma off, you could see how much he wanted to stay. They say don't break up families? A grandparent should never have to make such a choice.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

"REAL elders skip meals and lose sleep!"........And have wives that loathe and detest them because everyone else is WAY more important.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit