What are the things you dislike most about JW's?

by Chariklo 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Top of my list has to be hypocrisy.

It runs right through, from elders downwards. The literature and the GB are bad enough, but the bit that touches ordinary people, householders, students and ordinary rank and file is the false goodness that they put on like a raincoat.

Chief among my experiences would be the way they stand by ready to pounce even on those they call their best friends, brothers and sisters. They're vying with each other to earn favour by telling an elder what they saw, who they saw Brother Joe doing it with. And if they wonder if something might be so, they're not above declaring it as fact.

Worse even than that is the hypocrisy of goodness. They stand ready to knife you in the back "out of love". "I tell you this in love." " I say this in peace and with love".

It didn't impress me then and doesn't now when I hear it, which is only in a JW context.

What are the things that you hated most, I wonder?

• lostinnj83
    lostinnj83

I agree, the hypricrosy is the worst part.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I wish only harm and pain to come to the Governing body.

As far as the R&F are concerned I feel sorry for them but can't abide that patronising air of superiority many of them have.

My wife (who left me and broke up the family in the name of the WBT$), says 'Jehovah is on my side!' As if I'm scum. All I did was say the GB are just men and the WBT$ is not the true religion.

Well, that scum bag god Jehovah protects paedophiles so I don't want him on my side!

• Lynnie
    Lynnie

Yes hypocrisy is definitely up there. Disfellowshipping is the worst practice they have and they don't seem to have

any problem with the policy. They do it "out of love". Oh and depending on who you are you can get DF'd or just

get left alone. Depends on how much money you have!

• scotoma
    scotoma

I feel about JW's the way I do about all devoutly religious people.

They are closed minded. Their main contribution to society is their offspring.

• vajeni82
    vajeni82

2 words: CONDITIONAL LOVE. It's the only thing they know. Even between parents and children. I grew up knowing I would only be loved if I follow the rules It's very sad.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

ALL OF IT!!!!!!!!! It seems a little more a little. Many things didn't fit in my mind but about 18 years I lost faith in Jehovah, the teachings , and most everything when I could not line up the Bible I grew up with what I was learning about Gays and Lesbians . From there it been straight downward for me Gma-tired2

• Gopher
    Gopher

The first answer that came to my mind is "control". They seek to control or strongly influence every aspect of the lives of their minions. They seek to control the information available to them. Anyone who gets out of line can be harshly treated, and they even attempt to control access to your nonbelieving or formerly-believing family members.

The WTS leadership are super control freaks. Almost as bad as Scientologists, who are the worst sizable/influential cult.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

They call it The Truth.....and it isn't!

I could put up with the rest, if the concepts were sound and the teachings really led you to God and his purpose.

After five decades of blindness within it , it is obvious that it is just not true....the promised "end" never came and the idea of the wholesale slaughter of non believers is just morally wrong, once you free your mind to think about it.....

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Shunning- I hate even the idea of shunning a person. That is the worst type of punishment on someone who is already in pain. It also has lead to severe depression and in some cases suicide. It is a very unloving and UnChrist-like practice!!!

Passive aggressive behavior - I don't know if I have ever met or have known a Witness that has not acted in a P/A manner. I like people to say what they mean and mean what they say. I believe in Seuss!

Arrogance, finger-pointing, Secrets -about stupid things like parties but blabber-mouthed about Brother and /or Sister So and So.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit