Letter: 30 hour quota to be extended to additional months

by 88JM 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Poztate
    Poztate

I mentioned in another thread that the next extention to the 30 hr privledge will no doubt be during the summer months when all the dubby children are out of school. I mean who wants to go to Disneyland when you can pioneer for only 30 hr per month.It could be a family plan sort of thing.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

One brother in my Hall commented that this was a loving provision "from Jehovah" for allowing more people to pioneer. Yes, really.

I didn't notice anyone with a look of shock on their face. Maybe they weren't paying attention, as it was said in passing. Or maybe this sounds perfectly sane when you are not in the conscious class.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Aren't we happy brothers, for another loving provision from Jehovah?? (applauuuse)

And how exactly do the home owners ( you know the people who should be the focus of this ) benefit from this pathetic arrangement? Lowering the number of hours required just so you can "cook" the number of pioneers.

This makes as much sense Coca Cola cutting the price of soda in half, just so they can report more bottles sold at the end of the year.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Next thing to do ... just drop the term "Publisher" and replace it with "Auxiliary Pioneer", lower the requirement to 10 hours, anybody below 10 hours could be "Special Circumstances Auxiliary Pioneer", then everybody can feel special ... I remember the day that I was sure it wasn't a works based religion ... sheesh

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Or maybe they just drop the hours for aux. pioneers even further, and imply heavily that the 'Publisher' rank is typically reserved for the elderly and infirm. Then you almost need a special dispensation for being a Publisher.

• Ding
    Ding

Interesting... but I thought Jehovah's Witnesses were eager to go d2d in the remaining days before Armageddon...

It's that the image portrayed of the "spiritual paradise" that is the WTS?

• steve2
    steve2

Yet, on the very few occasions I see them out in the d2d there is a marked dearth of young ones, but more likely older, dumpy looking women and the occasional older greying man. No sight of young JW mothers and fathers and their broods - unlike in the 60s and 70s when the "territory" teemed with carloads of witnesses.

• nugget
    nugget

The society have perfected the art of less is more. Less hours means more Aux pioneers, means they can show an increase and say look how Jehovah is speeding it up in his own time.

• Quendi
    Quendi

As a former regular pioneer, I used to hate the summer months worst of all. Why? Well, it has to do with the point Poztate raised about kids auxiliary pioneering. Parents would drop their kids off at the hall every day and expect those going out in the canvassing work to provide daycare. I hated it and many of the kids did as well. Some only wanted to enjoy the long summer vacation like other kids were able to do. Instead, they were expected to pioneer for at least one month during the summer on top of attending the district convention.

Some of the kids were a joy to work with while others were a real pain in the neck. During my first years in Colorado, I used to take some kids on a day trip to Rocky Mountain National Park as a reward for their hard work as auxiliary pioneers. That was something the kids appreciated, and their parents also thanked me for it too.

The new arrangement will probably see more congregations providing summer daycare services since the thirty hours will be easier to make. But the more I think of it, the crueler this arrangement appears to me—at least as it impacts Witness kids. What’s wrong with letting them simply be kids and enjoying their summer after working very hard the rest of the year in school?

Quendi

• flipper
    flipper

They must be having problems with getting JW's out in service much ? Kinda surprises me they'd keep lessening the hours. Well good. It means I guess JWs aren't going door to door as much, or at least not pioneering as much. Hopefully we are making some inroads here to cause people to lose interest in the WT Societys agendas. Peace out, mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit