Letter: 30 hour quota to be extended to additional months

by 88JM 29 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

More of nothing. It matters not whether you do it for 10 seconds or 720 hours a month. You are simply wasting your time, and you are not going to get anyone into the cancer that is of any value these days. We are not living in the 1980s, during which there seemed to be a fad of joining the jokehovian witlesses. Most people will simply research the religion, find it is bogus, and cancel the study.

And there is no way I can see people actually enjoying the status. What happens when you cheapen something is that it carries much less weight. The 30-hour pious-sneer becomes the new "regular publisher", and those who simply do 10 hours a month become the new "low hour publisher". No different than what happens to a dollar. If those things are hard to make and earn, they carry a lot of purchasing power. Back when a dollar actually contained real silver, or you could exchange 20 of them for an ounce of gold, they were worth something. You could get a lot with a dollar. Now, they are printed up by some master that intends debt slavery for the whole country, who prints them up cheaply for nothing. The result is that I no longer call them dollars--they are toilet papers. If they keep printing enough, they will become worth more as toilet paper than as currency.

This can also happen to "pioneer(??)" status. When it is difficult to do it, those who carry the load get a measure of status. But, when you lower the bar enough, the same thing happens to pious-sneer status as with the dollar. It eventually becomes toilet paper, and before long everyone is expected to pious-sneer. Those who do are awarded nothing, while those who fail or refuse are labelled spiritually weak. No one gains anything except the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger, who gets everyone to put in the 30 hours a month. Seems strange that once upon a time, they expected the average publisher to do 60 hours a month, and pious-sneers had to do 150 and they had minimum call and study requirements along with minimum hour requirements.

• steve2
    steve2
    And there is no way I can see people actually enjoying the status.

Well WTWizard, I'd agree that no one with half a brain would. But would your average powerless, status-starved sleep-walking witness? Probably.

Remember too that old saying about some people only being 'happy' when they're miserable? That pretty much sums up the mentality of an awful lot of those guilted into doing the door-to-door chore.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Sounds like a discount scheme.

Bangalore

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

" any publisher who auxiliary pioneers during a month in which the circuit overseer visits the congregation may attend the circuit overseer's meeting with the pioneers in its entirety." and how thrilling they are - truly a privilege!

• 88JM
    88JM

Those meetings are usually more guilt-tripping, basically saying: "if you can auxiliary pioneer, why aren't you doing regular?"

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The letter was read last night. It was so funny knowing about so far in advance. The gasps of pleasure and giggles of glee due do this latest loving provision from the Slave was saddening. After the meeting the word SLAVE was used in about every sentence.

• Gayle
    Gayle

'Auxillary' pioneers numbers were dropping critically< thus the change> 'Regular' Pioneers are increasing yet quite a bit,,doubt they'll lower the bar on that yet.

• RobertT18
    RobertT18

I wrote in my last report -30 hours.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I heard from a good source in Bethel that in order to simplify things, the new arrangement soon to be announced will allow you to do the 30-hour pioneering in months that the circuit overseer visits, special assembly day, circuit assembly, district assembly and any month that contains the letter "r".

Rub a Dub

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Woo! You can attend the circuit overseer's meeting with the regular pioneers! And why not? Gives them an excellent opportunity to shame you into becoming a regular pioneer. Brother/Sister - What is holding you back from regular pioneering?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit