Convention Cartoon

by freemindfade 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

So last night they played the convention cartoon. There were a few laughs from the audience, overall though people seemed a little taken aback and tight lipped. Like no one gushed about it afterwards, no applause, just like it was nothing new at all.

My theory on why they did this, is that they are smart, they have realized that the adults in the org like the Caleb and Sophia cartoons as much OR MORE than the damn kids! So now they are going to appeal to their audience and make some cartoons for the adults.

I feel like the youngest ones in the hall are weirded out by it, and the oldest ones feel alienated. it's all very strange.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

I guess I will see the cartoon tomorrow. I would agree that things have gotten really odd lately.

I mean, cartoons? at the hall? really??

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    They served popcorn at one of the monthly "showings" of jdubcasting. I shit you not.
  • My Name is of No Consequence
  • TheListener
    TheListener
    link?
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    My Name is of No Consequence
    serious as a heart attack, that wasn't for the cartoon, but for some monthyl broadcast viewing, i did not go, but was sent a pic
  • tiki
    tiki

is this some sort of a joke? cartoons as a teaching aid for adults? if this is for real and not someone yanking our chains, it has got to be one of the most insulting and pathetic things to foist on a serious-minded group of people.

for pete's sake......I just can't believe it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I just got the weirdest image in my head...

...a cheap Loony-Tunes knockoff theme playing over Caleb and Sophia's little robot friend sticking his face through a hole in the wall, and saying, "abedeea-bedea-bedeaa-that's all, brothers and sisters!"...

...then Sparlock comes out and waves his wand Tinkerbell-style, and everything disappears in a flash.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

One of the most telling things in the video, that really was always talked about in the meeting part it replaced, but is more blaring in the video is that witnesses are inconsiderate assholes.

• Reminders to tip? WHO NEEDS TO BE REMINDED????
    • Not treating the continental breakfast and ice machine as your personal food bank? No kidding you dumb hicks!
    • Don't eat too much for lunch? talking to the wrong group here...

that part of it makes me ever more embarrassed to be associated with the witnesses, that they really are known for these types of things.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ freemindfade...

That actually reminds me of an old JW urban legend that I suspect might even be true...

...about a mid-1950s New Yorker commenting in the local newspaper that when the JWs have a convention, they "...come to town with a $20 dollar bill and the Ten Commandments, and don't break either!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit