Is the grass greener on the other side?

by What Now? 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• 00DAD
    00DAD

It may not be greener, but at least it's real!

• What Now?
    What Now?

Thanks again all...

My conversation with my mom just messed with my head.

Mostly because I was not at all expecting her to say she's okay with us being inactive.

Actually, what kind of pisses me off is the fact that I know she's NOT ok with it. I know that she's waiting and praying for something to happen, waiting for us to screw up our lives somehow so that we can 'see the light' and get our lives back on track, so she can say 'I told you so'.

Our life right now isn't quite where I want it to be, and sometimes I really struggle with that. I need our lives to be AWESOME so that I can be the one to say 'see, I told you so'. I'm terrified of taking this path and having it turn out badly.

I know from all your comments that things WILL eventually be ok. I just need to be reminded of that from time to time.

• What Now?
    What Now?

I think having a grandson has changed things for her. If it was just me and my husband I don't think she would have a huge problem letting us go.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

according to my horse, yes.

but really its not what you ask

it is a real normal life versus a cult life. not even close to comparable. those who leave and do poorly may be like that beacause of poor life choices.

oz

• Fernando
    Fernando

It sure is - if one pursues, finds and embraces truth.

Truth is not always popular but in the long run it is the only secure foundation, able to sustain what is built upon it. We naturally feel lost until we find it.

TTATT on the other hand is shocking to say the least.

Our heavenly father has provided a range of powerfully healing alternatives and answers to religion (corruption, leaven, wine, self-righteousness, legalism or rule-making and rule-keeping):

• faith (a wide opening of our spiritual eyes),
    • spirituality,
    • the full "Good News" or "unabridged gospel"
    • eternal life, as well as a right and clean standing, all granted by imputation and as free gifts that cannot be earned, deserved or paid for.

(Why do followers of the Watchtower religion call themselves “publishers of the Good News” whilst unfamiliar with the “Good News” according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit