I'm writing a DA letter...need advise

by nolongerconfused 38 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

For the love of your wife ....Don't do it!

At the moment she is in a tricky enough position, with a husband not supporting her faith any more. If you d/a yourself she will have to consider everything that she says to you ,since she is not permitted to have a "spiritual conversation" with you. If you say a blessing over a meal, that will have to stop, if you raise the subject at home she is supposed to stop her ears , out of loyalty.

She has to make choices, will she choose you over the congregation? Some on here have had marital separations as a result.

I can only say from my own experience. I am technically just inactive...sometimes I attend with her - it keeps us together because that huge part of her life is not closed to me. I would love to blast them with TTAT but this way is best for both of us.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I've nothing to add but: listen to the collective wisdom here. It definitely points in a certain direction.

• clarity
    clarity

NoLonger ...

Give it more time my friend.

>

You will labour over a carefully written letter and then...

it will be as "casting it before swine" so to speak.

They will not even read it ...they'll deep six it!

>

They are not there to listen .... they are there to judge!

They are judge, jury and executioner! They just want

to get thru the procedure .... the truth is not important!

>

When I found out TTATT .... I felt as you do right now.

>

I was furious and indignant ...I dreamed what scatheing

words I would use .......honestly, I felt like I could just

march in there and whoop ass big time (Iam woman!)

>

So yeah, if possible slow down and give it more time

clarity

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Listen to Ray Publisher and Gray Beard, otherwise suffer the consequences these two brothers are trying to help you avoid. Go back and read their posts Twenty Times if you have to! The wisdom and heartfelt truth of the matter they are offering you is priceless! You can't do any better than this, please be careful!

• Hermano
    Hermano

Very wise and honest advice here.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Don't waste another minute of your time on those bastards.

• Emery
    Emery

Lots of great advice here. Ultimately, its up to you. The only reason I have considered writing a DA letter is to go out with a bang. My idea in the end is to send my DA letter to everyone I know whether it be through FB or email. Attach every person and JW email address to the letter and send it off all in one night. Not allowing any mystery as to the reasons and the evidence for my disassociation. Everyone will know why, and it will cause a shock wave across the community. It can also help wake up local JWs who are on the fence if they read it, eventually leaving the door open for replies and discussion.

Staying in and going undercover has helped me tons at the moment, I have helped over 10 ppl with the TTATT. Also, you can stay current with membership, seeing who get's DF'd or fades away so when the day comes you can reach out to them. I only plan on writing and distributing my DA letter when I get caught and/or end up getting called in for Apostasy.

• prologos
    prologos

do not take the privilege they have to judge you away from them by resigning.

The longer this goes on, the harder it will be to define apostasy, with new light becoming old as we speak.

Let them write their own judgement. they might be to scared to act.

Newest light might be:

Fading is fabulous, fading is fine.

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

there was a letter that i read (and i kept) when i first came to this web site, but i can't find it on the search engine. it was by a guy named "new castles", and the title of the thread was just "disassociation letter". if you can find it, read that. maybe someone can help with a link.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit