I'm writing a DA letter...need advise

by nolongerconfused 38 Replies latest jw friends

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

do'nt do it. if it comes up just say with all the failed prophecies there are too many things that do'nt add up. right now i'm in neutral waiting for something tangible i can rekindle my spirituality with. if they balk, use the example of how Thomas needed proof that Jesus was resurrected.

they can't argue with that logic-that's what i'm going to use.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi nolongerconfused, Why play by the WTBTS's rules? Have you awaken or do you want to continue to behave as a drone - DON'T DA yourself, unless you have no JW family and friends!!

Go undercover and help other JWs to awaken instead. You will have a big and more positive impact on others in your congregation by going undercover than writing a DA letter. Why not say that "You are waiting on Jehovah to make needed changes to the WTBTS." without saying what?

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

If your life, and standards don't offend JW's, then writing a DA letter is wasted. What you need is just a time out from the belief system. Just act peacefully with them while you distance yourself from them. This makes it possible to allow peaceful future returns to some friends that you may respect, and have missed.

If your life or standards are in conflict with their belief system, write the DA letter. But, the less written, the better. You, don't want those who will read it, to hang you on everyword that they may missinterpret.

• nolongerconfused
    nolongerconfused

thank you Robert!

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

A sample of a simple DA letter:

" Date

I do not wish to be a member of the Jehovah's Witness congregation at this time.

I will view any further contact from any of the Elders as a form of harassment.

Signed"

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

Here's the letter my wife and I sent to our congregation elders when they were insisting on meeting with us:

http://www.watchtowerletters.com/our_letter_elders.html

In it, we expressly stated we would not disassociate ourselves as the majority of JWs were fine people, and we had no desire to shun them. The letter really threw the elders for a loop. They had to contact the Society to find out how to proceed and were never able to DF us.

Feel free to use the letter, or any part of it.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

You will not win. You won't prove anything.

Just stop playing the game - in your heart and your mind....and in your behavior. Allow yourself to just be a good person. That's true freedom.

• MsD
    MsD

Graybeards letter was pretty awesome. Try to take something out of it so you can incorporate into your own. The elders will be completely dumbfounded

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Unless you absolutely NEED to do this for the sake of your own sanity, please do not do it. It is acknowledging their rules and some measure of authority that they just do not have.

It lessens your influence on those still in that you may care about. There is NO huge impact. The elders read the letter, put up the brick walls in their mind, and keep on rolling. You think they have never heard this stuff before?

Don't do it. You have gotten your family out and that is huge! Stay loyal to your wife, and life a great life. She will come around. Pick your spots, stay active here and "up to date", and the opportunity will arise for meaningful conversation.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

If you must but you don't have to write one.... Really, don't waste your time.. You do not have to play by their rules you know. You will eventually understand what I am saying..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit