I'm writing a DA letter...need advise

by nolongerconfused 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Hi Nolongerconfused, I know that this is very difficult for you and emotional. I don't know if you have read the latest at http://www.jwstruggle.com/

But Gregg/Greybeard just posted a very heart wrenching article and a copy of his letter to the Elders & WTBT$.

Peace be with you and so happy you are coming out of the man-made organization.

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

Consider not writing it . They are so brainwashed once they realize its a DA letter they might not even read it

If you DA its easy for them to label you apostate and mentally deseased .

Why go by their rules . The rules are not gods in any way .

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Sorry Greybeard, I didn't see your post above before I made my comment.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I would say write it and vent. Pour out all your anger and frustrations then leave it a while. Do not send it until you have re-read and edited it and then after you have done that lock it away for a while and see how you feel in a few months.

You have nothing to lose by waiting by which time you will be in a better frame of mind to decide then whether to send it, burn it or just keep it a bit longer, but once it is sent, it cannot be un-sent.

Good Luck

• nolongerconfused
    nolongerconfused

I was just thinking it might be easier to write a letter and have them do whatever they want...at the end, their judgement is not what I care about...thing is my spouse is a born-in and still believes their garbage...dont get me wrong, I love my spouse more than when I considered myself at jdub...but she already told the cong i have read "apostate" (lmao) stuff...id rather have them shun me...

At least, I have been able to awake my father, mother, and brother and they no longer want anything to do with the WT or any man made organization...so I think I have definitely won!

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

" At least, I have been able to awake my father, mother, and brother and they no longer want anything to do with the WT or any man made organization...so I think I have definitely won!"

That is AWESOME. Gently and slowly keep talking to your wife...just take tiny tiny steps.

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

Please listen to me. If you really do love your wife and want to keep her... Treat her like a queen and stop talking about her faith. I gave my wife ALL the proof she needed. It didn't matter. I thought I was loving but guess what? I wasn't... That is hard to admit. I got very upset with her for believeing false prophets. I called them a cult to her face. It cost me the love of my life. Here is a photo of what I lost: http://www.greggblasingame.com/p979859523/h1d5ebb5f#h1d5ebb5f

If I had it all to do over again I would win my wife over by being the best person I could be. I thought I was but I was not. When we force others to change we are being unloving. That is what the Watchtower does. You don't need to learn the hard way... If you love her, prove it to her. Don't offend her beliefs and remember, love never fails. I have failed and I know I could have been more loving.

Good luck bro

• nolongerconfused
    nolongerconfused

Greybeard...I'm so sorry to hear about your wife etc...I really appreciate your advise...I will take that into account every day as long as I can...

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

I am happy to hear that. Maybe you can keep your wife. Remember, love never fails. Love her for who she is, not what she has been brain washed to believe.

• jgnat
    jgnat

If you want impact, only pick a few subjects that matter a lot to you. Your sentences should be punchy and memorable. People only remember one thing. You have to direct them to the one thing you want to remember.

From "how to create your personal brand",

It’s a similar situation with your personal brand. You need to think through how to communicate it or it won’t be useful.

Here’s the best way to work through that quickly:

1) Pull up something that can record audio on your computer or phone.

2) Literally record yourself talking about each of your 4 to 5 qualities, why they are important, why other people should think they’re important, and examples that would show the world you have them.

3) Ramble on and on until your ideas start solidifying. Talk until it starts feeling more comfortable and natural to talk about them.

4) Once you start feeling comfortable with what you’re saying, stop recording, and listen to it.

5) Write down the most compelling things you said – the things you think are the smartest, most eloquent things you said about yourself.

6) Condense the best stuff into three sentences that emphasize your primary quality while including the others. (This is your “elevator statement” for the purpose of this exercise).

http://www.pickthebrain.com/blog/how-to-create-your-personal-brand-in-6-easy-steps/

For the wife, please consider Steve Hassan's technique to reinforce her natural personality without alerting her cultic one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit