Watched Dexter and loved it. Then watched Homeland and loved that too. What should I watch next?

by Amelia Ashton 37 Replies latest social physical

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

My favorite show ever was a 4 year mini series called "The Big C", you can buy the DVDs or get Netflicks. It's a series about a 40 something year old woman who is fighting terminal cancer and she has a son and an estranged husband. She decides to live life to the fullest knowing she may not be around much longer. BEST SHOW EVER!!! Made me laugh and made me cry like a baby, for some reason I really resonated with the characters, they felt so real.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Deadwood best show ever.

Game of Thrones not far behind.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Da Vinci's demons

new outlander series

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Hell on Wheels

The walking dead

How I met your mother

Banshee

American Horror Story

Game Of Thrones

True Detective

Suits

• Onager
    Onager

I n the recommendation for Game of Thrones (where n is the number of recommendations so far plus one). It's very well made and chock full of nudity, violence and swearing.

If you have Amazon Prime then Black Sails is great. It tells the story of what happened up to the beginning of the story of Treasure Island. High production values, lots of nudity, violence and swearing. :)

If you have access to 4OD then Hooo Mama!

Black Mirror - disturbing visions of the near future

Black Books - light hearted bookshop and booze comedy

Utopia - No-one but me seems to like this and I can't understand why. It's great storytelling damnit!!!

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace- Insanity. Proper, lick the windows madness.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

It is not that current, but The Wire is my absolute favourite tv series - very clever script writing. Breaking Bad is similar and also good but I prefer The Wire.

I also loved the Sopranos and Deadwood. You can get these as box sets.

I think 24 is overrated - I found it contrived and a bit predicatable.

I also lost interest in Lost after a while.

Black Books is fantastic if you like that dark understated British style of humour.

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

Happy Valley on Netflix

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Deadwood best show ever

A woman after my own heart. I can watch that show over and over again. Too bad it only lasted 3 seasons.

I really got into Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy the last couple years, as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit