Watched Dexter and loved it. Then watched Homeland and loved that too. What should I watch next?

by Amelia Ashton 37 Replies latest social physical

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Hell on WheelsI believe season 1, and possibly season 2 is on netflix. It's on MAC. Dark western about the building of the railroad.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

All brilliant suggestions guys. Thankyou.

I was searching for 2 weeks for films or a series since Dexter and Homeland finished and apart from a film version of Great Expectations which isn't out yet there was nothing since Les Miserables.

I am certainly into Revolution already.

I love The Big Bang Theory. Season 6 has just started over here in UK.

The Newsroom has rave reviews so will definitely give that a go too.

Downton Abbey is good I agree. We seem to be lacking anything gritty or with suspense like Dexter and Homeland type shows over here unless I just haven't come across them.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Hell on wheels is as gritty as they come. My husband went through withdrawal when we finished season one and two, and they hadn't started season three yet.

• Gopher
    Gopher

My favorite drama is Justified on FX. Timothy Olyphant as a deputy in backwoods Kentucky is beyond superb.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

Kick it old school with:

The Wire

Deadwood

Carnivale

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Do you have Showtime or did you watch during one of the rare free periods? I like Nurse Jackie but it is set at my old neighborhood hospital. The Sopranos is a great show. Big Love. The Tudors.

Mad Men on AMC. Girls on HBO appeals to me greatly. I can see where it may not appeal to others, though.

Curb Your Enthusiasm reruns.

I love PBS, esp. the Newshour and Charlie Rose.

Downtown Abbey is the very hot show now, along iwth Girls.

PBS Mystery runs Wallander and Zen. Both are detective shows set in foreign countries.

I'd also watch Jerry Springer, Maury Povitch, the Kardashians, and Honey Boo-Boo to appreciate just how great the above shows are. People actually pay to watch shows that show the inside of prison life.

Oh, I also enjoy the Animal Planet once in a while.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Just forget all of the above mentioned shows. Does your cable company provide MeTV, Antenna Channel, CoziTv, Classic Channel ? If so that's where the real talent is, from shows from the 50's and 60's, when comedy shows were actually funny and the dramas aren't bad either.

• Pickler
    Pickler

Best series?

Deadwood

Lost

the Wire

also recently re watched Twin Peaks....still great! Enjoy!

• poppers
    poppers

Here's a site that has lots of movies and TV program for free. Scroll down the page and then click on the program you want to see and then hit the "Stream" link for free viewing.

http://www.mobilevids.org/index.php

• Giordano
    Giordano

Sons of Anarchy............. It's Hamlet set in a hells angels type motorcycle gang.

Justified is a load of fun.

Blue Blood....a family of New York City police officers.

There is a lot of quality product out there these days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit