Urgent: Pope Benedictus resigns: a good example for GB

by Gorbatchov 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Just in the news: Pope Benedictus is resigning. This should be a good example for the GB of our church organization. There are reasons enough: child abuse (conti case etc), failed prophecies (slave classe, UN/OSCE), killing doctrines (blood doctrine etc, shunning / suicide) and fraude (investment corporation instead of church).

So it would be nice to read on BBC news: Governing body of Jehovah's witnesses resigns and make way for a new generation that embraces Christian Freedom.

Gorby

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

This is TOP news for the whole world right now.

Pope Benedict XVI's resignation: Live Report By Katherine Haddon (AFP) – 8 minutes ago LONDON — 1155 GMT:

The Pope recently started using Twitter, tweeting as @Pontifex and gathering over a million and a half followers.

His most recent tweet on Sunday said: "We must trust in the mighty power of God?s mercy. We are all sinners, but His grace transforms us and makes us new." 1152 GMT: Benedict XVI's comments have repeatedly attracted controversy during his time in the Vatican.

He stirred fury in the Muslim world in 2006 with a speech which appeared to endorse the view of a 14th cenutry Byzantine emperor that Islam is inherently evil. In 2009, he struggled to mollify Jews after inviting a breakaway, ultra-conservative faction back into the Church by lifting the excommunication of four bishops

. One of these insists no-one died in the gas chambers of Nazi Germany.

How will the Pope be remembered after nearly eight years in the role? He took over as successor to the highly popular John Paul II in 2005 at the age of 78. A brilliant scholar, he was a strong defender of Roman Catholic orthodoxy and had earned the nickname "God's Rottweiler." He opposed abortion, gay marriage and euthanasia and stressed family values. 1137 GMT: French President Francois Hollande has described the Pope's decision to resign as "eminently respectable".

Meanwhile, a government spokesman in the Pope's home nation of Germany has expressed "respect" and "gratitude" for the Pope in response. "The federal government has the greatest possible respect for the Holy Father, for his accomplishments, for his life-long work for the Catholic Church,"

The Pope has explained his decision to a meeting of cardinals, saying his strength has "deteriorated" in the last few months. "After having repeatedly examined my conscience before God, I have come to the certainty that my strengths, due to an advanced age, are no longer suited to an adequate exercise of the Petrine ministry," he told the meeting. "In order to govern the bark of Saint Peter and proclaim the Gospel, both strength of mind and body are necessary, strength which in the last few months, has deteriorated in me to the extent that I have had to recognise my incapacity to adequately fulfill the ministry entrusted to me."

Keep reading for all the breaking updates and reactions from around the world.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Pope resigns, saying no longer has strength to fulfill ministry Reuters ?- 41 minutes ago ROME (Reuters) - Pope Benedict said on Monday he will resign on Feb 28 because he no longer has the strength to fulfill the duties of his

• Borges
    Borges

I think Benedict is smart enough to know his limits. The GB isn't smart at all. They are more narrow minded as any Pope can be.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Holy cow!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I've known elders to step down for this reason, but have any GB members done so?

Of course the suggestion that the GB step down as a whole is completely unlike what's happening here. This isn't to do with scandals or some sea change in policy, it's just an old man acknowledging his limitations.

• Tater-T
  • Satanus
    Satanus

Didn't ray franz peacefully step down?

S

• Amelia Ashton
  • Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Good example for the GB?

Are you kidding?

I can already hear them announcing the fall of Babylon the Great over the Bethel PA system...

their going to milk this until the cow's tits fall off...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit