Going to the Memorial Tonight? Whose Partaking?

by Reborn2002 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Dawn
    Dawn

I went last year to please my parents. Since I'm DF'd I asked them if I was suppose to sing - they said it was a "Conscience matter". Well - my conscience is pretty clean so I decided to sing.....

REALLY REALLY LOUD - it was a kick. Ever notice how noone really gets into the music at the KH?? Everyone sings really softly...piped in piano music...ugh... and when the heck will they get some new music? I mean - these songs are from the 30's - how boring!!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

My wife has just got back, and is stomping around in the kitchen.
    I guess it didn't please her that I missed the first one in my life.
    But I would have partaken, and embarrased her, so...

Alledgedly they had a peak, this year. 14 more than their previous high (but they've had that many move in, just a couple of months back).
    I'm only glad that I didn't contibute to it.

• new boy
    new boy

Well, I guess I'm a slow learner! This the first one I missed in 50 years!-------------But on the hand I use to say "I have NEVER missed a meeting!" "What?" they would say "YOU have never missed a meeting?" "Thats right" I say "If I don't go, I don't miss it!"

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

<<<how do they know who partakes>>> the ones who "think" they are anointed partake. One year my ex started having thoughts that he was one of the anointed. This while he was abusing me and the girls. Not too sure how he figured that he was one of them but he had it down to the wire about partaking that year.

Funny thing is that if he had no one would have batted an eye. They all would have agreed that of anyone in the congregation he had enough zeal for it to be true. Makes ya kinda wonder what they would think now if he had partaken that year. He now has 2 divorces behind him and is no longer an elder.

Rejoice in the healing and not in the pain.
    Rejoice in the challenge overcome and not in the past hurts.
    Rejoice in the present - full of love and joy.
    Rejoice in the future for it is filled with new horizons yet to be explored. - Lee Marsh 2002

• paradix
    paradix

I am not going.
    Memorial, as all the other meetings, is just a play, pure simulation.
    Jesus is not there, just people looking one another, controlling
    attendance, order, how clean they are...stuff like this.
    What has JW memorial to do with the simple(but deep too)supper of
    Jesus and his disciples.
    All the Memorial worldwide of the JW are useless and empty rituals.
    Maybe Jesus are in the hearts of many people that attend the KH, but
    this is not because the ceremony, is more in spite of it.
    I prefer to pray with my wife and stay at home reading my Bible.
    Love to all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit