Elder Spread Lies! - Biggs's Part FIVE

by Mister Biggs 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Part ONE: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=24348&site=3
    Part TWO: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=24359&site=3
    Part THREE: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=24426&site=3
    Part FOUR: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=24507&site=3

I have told you about the type of person I was once I became inactive in 1984/1985. My inactivity lasted until 1987, my senior year in high school.

My brother finished college and upon his return he discovered that we had all stopped going to the meetings. He was shocked. However, he wasn't deterred. For some reason, he had burning desire to resume his Bible study. He progressed rapidly. I think he got baptized in 1988. Backtracking back to 1987, he would ask me every meeting day if I wanted to go with him. At first, some days I'd say yes and some days I'd say no. However, I began to say yes more and more. Then, I even became more bold. I started to witness to classmates. I was becoming a JW again. I was even liking it! But then my joy was shattered!

Back, But Not Forgotten

When I started to be regular at the meetings, the "friends" would try to be encouraging (in their own minds). The reality was, they were tearing me down. First, my older brother began to develop this holier-than-thou attitude. He was going full speed ahead! Second, more than once, the "friends" would say to me, "Oh, it so good to see that your Big Bro has you coming back to the meetings" and "Your Big Brother is doing so well!". Little comments like that began to eat at me. When I expressed myself to my brother how I was feeling he told me, "That's awfully haughty of you!" Huh? Me? Haughty? If anything, I was stupid since, even after all of this, I still kept going back.

"Biggs Is A Womanizer!" LURKERS - Pay Attention, Please.

Not really, but that was the gossip going around about me. How could such a rumor get started? I'll be glad to tell you how it started and, more importantly, how it ended. I previously explained how I would always have a girlfirend during my inactive years. I wasn't shy about it. I would be seen in the neighborhood with a girl or at the bus stop waiting for the bus to take my girlfriend home or at the movies with a girl. You know the deal, don't you? Well, I can't and won't deny that I had 'worldly' girlfriends. But, when I started attending the meetings regularly in 1987, I gave all that up. I was trying to live as a JW. That meant no girlfriends (especially 'worldly' ones) unless you are contemplating marriage.

Since I was trying to make new friends, I decided to visit a congregation near my home. I did and I met three 'brothers' there who were my age. After a couple of months of getting to know these guys, two of them cut me off without giving me a reason. The third one. Mike, explained it to me like this: "Biggs, our P.O. (Presiding Overseer...an elder) and his wife have said some things about you. They said that you are bad association and a womanizer."
    Hurt, I asked Mike: "Why would they say such things about me?"
    Mike didn't have an answer. I was really hurt by these accusations. What would you do if you were me?

Boldness Was Needed

I mustered up the courage to call this elder, this P.O. Here I am, an 18 year old young man with very little Christian credentials taking on a so-called spiritual giant. I confront him. He denies ever saying it. He checks with his wife. She denies any wrongdoing. I take their word for it. However, Mike kept insisting that they were still saying these things about me. Who was I to believe? This time, I decided to handle it differently. I called an elder from my first congregation and asked him to help straighten the matter out. He called the accused P.O. and again the P.O. denied the allegations. The elder called me back and told me that I should wait and see what happens. Geez! How long was I supposed to wait?

Don't Let The Door Hit Ya' Where The Good Lord Split Ya'!

Within weeks, I was finally vindicated. What happened? Well, the P.O. left his wife for a Pioneer sister! He just up and rolled. He moved down south. I was so relieved! I saw his wife at a mini-market. She looked at me with a broken smile and she had embarrassment written all over her face. She barely could utter the words, "Hi, Biggs". I responded with a great big smile and a warm greeting, "Hi, sister M****e. How are YOU? How are things going?" She said fine and then quickly got in her car and then left.

My Editorial

First, I would like to say that it was obvious that this P.O. was actually talking about himself when he called me a womanizer and bad association. Second, his wife never apologized. I didn't really expect her to, I guess. Next, I would like to ask any of you who have read my experience(s), have you had a similar experience with an elder slandering your name? Have you personally seen an elder run off with another sister? I ask because I know some of you have. In fact, I'd venture to say that some of you lurkers have had an eerily similar experience that has happened to you or someone that you know.

Tomorrow, 'Elder's Say The Darndest Things'!
    Stay tuned.

• LDH
    LDH

ha ha I thought I was reading a Tower when I got to the Boldness was needed subheading.

I'm loving your story.

Lisa

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Thanks, Lisa!

I guess that's one good thing I learned as a JW...How to create subheadings! LOL!

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Wow mr biggs,

how brave of you at 18 to confront an "elder"!

isn't it amazing how wrongdoers hide behind accusing others of wrongdoing???

keep typing away. I love reading your story.

hugs,
    j2bf

• blindfool
    blindfool

Mr. Biggs,

Your story is fascinating . Your brother goes to college then comes home and encourages you to return to the meetings, only to be shunned. My new favorite motto: "How Rude!!"

Keep up the writing, I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of your story.

BDF!

• collegegirl
    collegegirl

I know an elder whose son's wife ran off with the CO's wife....

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

collegegirl-

I had to read your response, like, 5 times.

The son's wife ran off with the CO's wife?

You have GOT to e-mail me those details!

• collegegirl
    collegegirl

check your mail, Biggs

• flower
    flower

An elder lied?!? NO WAY! Thats impossible. They are representatives of the organization and the org, we all know, is about truth and love. This never happened, people. Biggs stop this slanderous activity straightaway!

flower

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

collegegirl-
    Got the e-mail. Check YOUR e-mail.

flower-
    What are you, British??? "straightaway". HAHAHAHAHAHA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit