The Borg "our mother"? Good Grief!

by Roberta804 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

We had a long time T.O. who used that word every book study which made me very uncomfortable. Who is there to challenge these contrieved lies designed to confuse the faithful followers of Jehovah and Jesus Christ? "A lie can travel half-way around the world before the Truth can put it's pants on to chase it down" Mark Twain.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Being a born in and attending until I was about 19, I have never heard the Borg referred to as mother, perhaps it's a regional thing.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

regional thing?, nope, it is a worldwide thing. It has been mentioned in the WT magazines for many years.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    I have never heard the Borg referred to as mother, perhaps it's a regional thing.

It's more a nut thing. Depends what nuts were in your KH or visiting, and if you were around them when they called the Borg Mother.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

We have an old school brother who regularly says the advice is to "listen to mother". He's been trotting that out since the 60's apparently.

• franticfran
    franticfran

This whole organisation is becoming unrecognisable to us older ones and its realy quite sinister,the more I hear and read the more I become convinced that to walk away was the safest thing to do to preserve any relationship I had left with Jehovah. Depressing,very depressing.

• sieborg
    sieborg

I also think that refering to the brothers and sisters as " THE FRIENDS" sounds kinda creepy and cultish

• Emery
    Emery

Yeah the whole concept of the "mother" organization has really taken flight around where I live. I too wondered where this came from. Ray Franz in ISOCF shows how that concept of mother was taught in the 50's and 60's. Franz shows how the Catholic church uses the same reference to their church and its historic development.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Hats off to the org. What took the RCC centuries to achieve, they did in less than 100 years...

" Holy Mother of god" !!!!

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

This whole organisation is becoming unrecognisable to us older ones and its realy quite sinister,the more I hear and read the more I become convinced that to walk away was the safest thing to do...

great point

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit